Monday, June 23, 2014

La Obra De Salvacion

Hola Mi Querida Familia y amigos, 

Manana es el Dia en el que me voy de el CCM. Tomorrow is the day I leave the MTC to go to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico. It has been a whirlwind of many emotions, mostly excitement and love for the people I am going to be able to meet. 

This past week me and my companion sister Schmit taught Angel, aka Brother Adlish. We taught "angel" about the restoration of this gospel, the blessings that come from faith and a true desire in following the example of Jesus Christ. Angel was an investigator Brother Adlish had while on his mission in Chile. He is a 56yr. old man whose wife and 3 sons are active members of the church. On Wednesday night as me and my companion were testifying of the truthfulness of this gospel, of the blessings of this gospel the spirit was SO strong we all started to cry. I remember sitting there telling him that he has been given a second chance, a new start. That His family loved him more than he could imagine, that by accepting the baptismal challenge he would be truly happy. It was an experience i will hold dear to my heart, forever. 

It may not have been a "real" lesson but the lessons i've learned this week and at the MTC are so strong, real and truly bless my life. I know there is so much power when we teach with the spirit. I had always heard prior to my mission that The Spirit is Our Key, Baptism is the way. It truly is. When we prepare a lesson, earnestly pray, and teach the gospel the spirit will be there. I know that these experiences will allow me to teach boldly and simply when I get to Mexico Monday afternoon.  

This afternoon I had my last class and heard so many wonderful quotes that strengthened my perspective on missionary work. I have a journal in which i mark a line dividing the page in half; on the left side I write down quotes/sayings/questions that i've heard/really liked; on the right side I jot down all my thoughts, feelings and questions. Afterwards I go back and put a box around the things I feel were inspirational for me from the right side of the page. It's like my own spiritual guide for my life. You should all try it. It's amazing. 

In class today we read the talk "Encontrar gozo en el trayecto" por el Presidente Monson. Unas citas que me encantaron fueron: "Encuentren gozo en el trayecto: ahora", "Si acumulan suficientes mananas, encontraran que han colecionado muchos ayeres vacios". 

I know that I have a very limited time to share the wonderful message that Christ atoned for our Sins. He resurrected, He lives and He will return again. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ Blesses families. I know that Heavenly Father truly has a Plan of Endless Happiness for us (Mos. 2:41). I know that our missionary purpose is based on DDC, La Doctrina De Cristo. I know that Christ truly showed us the path through His example of baptism (Matthew Ch. 3). 

Thank you for your constant love, and prayers. I feel them strengthening me each day. Seek the guidance of the Lord in all you do. Pray with earnesty and sincerity and you will feel a gozo, a joy you have never felt before. I know because I am able to feel these things all day, everyday. It is the greatest experience i've ever had.

Stay strong. Mom, dad, David, I love you SO SO Much. I think and pray for you all the time. 

Hasta La Proxima, 
Hermana Coronado
 Photos that didn't send last time


 My Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico sisters

My MTC district 

No comments:

Post a Comment