Monday, June 16, 2014

Soy Hermana Coronado

Hola mi querida familia y amigos!

I love the MTC, so much. It's crazy to thing that it's day 6 and I am halfway through with my MTC experience. Everything here is GO-GO-....GO. Every hour there is something to do. At times I get tired but I tell myself, "animaos o perecereis". I have learned so many wonderful things that have only fortified my testimony and allowed me to truly convert myself to the Savior. Yesterday I was able to watch "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. It's so good. I highly recommend you to watch his talk if you can. 

 I love this gospel SO Much. I'll be going into the Mission Field June 22nd, leaving to Mexico late that evening (a day earlier than anticipated). But, I couldn't be more excited. Being a missionary, a literal disciple of Jesus Christ fills my heart and soul with so much Joy, more than words can describe. My companions name is Hermana Schmit, she is from Sacramento, California, is going to Merida, Mexico and speaks with an Argentinian accent. We are tooooootal opposites. I'm like jumping of the walls, outgoing, willing to talk to any/everyone. While she is a little more reserved, calm, but has an incredibly strong testimony. The Lord truly does choose companionships based on our differences and strengths. So far we have 3 investigators- 2 of which are our teachers, but they feel real because when we teach them they are So in character. The third is a 24 yr old girl named Natalie, she is living with a member and has attended church but she herself isn't a member. Hermana Schmit and I have a powerful connection when we teach, the spirit is present and we truly do draw from one anothers' testimonies. This past Sunday we were interviewed by our Branch President, President Call and as he talked with me he told me that Hermana Schmit told him she is learning a lot from me and feels herself growing as a missionary. I feel she is doing the same for me! We kneel down and pray together before and after every lesson we teach, and every night before we go to bed we pray for the Lord's guidance in His work. 

There are 2 other girls who are living in our Apt. with us here in Wyview, their names are Hermana Venegas and Hermana Detrinidad, Hermana D, is Just like me. Since the first day we met, we clicked. Hermana V, is just like my companion. It's funny how that worked out. Each of these sisters has such a strong testimony of our Savior. Hermana Detrinidad started this thing in our apt., where every night after we all kneel down and pray together we go around in a circle and say one attribute we really admired from each other (throughout that day). It's really a beautiful, and powerful thing. I am definitely going to continue to do this when I am out in the field. It not only keeps us united, it causes us to love one another even more. 

As I missionary I feel that I am learning to turn out with Love, Compassion and Service rather than turning inwards and thinking of myself. Time flies by here at the MTC.  I am incredibly excited to continue to progress as a missionary. I remember the first day I got here I was amazed at how well everything flowed. The first time I taught with my companion there was already such unity, such strength. Mom, as you've always told methat as a missionary you have the ability to teach with Authority and Power. I can truly feel this, each day, it's only getting stronger. There is power in this gospel, in our faith, in our love for our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love it. 

Yesterday was one of those days where my body was physically tired but my mind was filled with energy. The Lord truly fortifies and strenghtens his missionaries. My companion speaks spanish, practically perfectly. So my days are filled with 24/7 Espanol, pero me encanta. I tell my roomates and companion "animoas o perecereis" when we are tired physically and have to go do service at 6am. It's awesome because when they see me slow down, they'll tell this to me and i'll be re-energized. Like I say my companion's argentinian so now i'm constantly speaking "yo" as "chhoo".  And now from me she is learning to say "ayy, Chihuaha" all the time now. haha. It's pretty awesome. 
 
Tomorrow I am getting up at 4:30am and going to Las Vegas with many Elders and Hermanas that are going on their missions to Mexico. We have to go to a Mexican Consulate in Vegas to get our Visa's, we get home by 10pm (the same night) It's be a long, but fun day. I meet the most interesting, diverse people here at the MTC, some have the greatest accents. A dominican elder told me a joke once, I literally understood nothing he said, but it was so funny. In my district there are 4 sisters, 3 elders. One of the Elder's is always talking about cooking food, his analogy always has to do with food, it's awesome. The simplest things here are the greatest. 

I love the choice that I have made to serve a mission. It's sooo much fun. I'm able to feel the spirit all day, learn the gospel, learn how to bring others unto Christ, and laugh all day. We've had a lot of memorization challenges like: DyC 20:73, Alma 5:13, memorizing Mi Proposito Como una misionera, and Joseph's Smith's first vision, etc.. I'm glad I learned a few of these before getting here, it makes it much more powerful when I'm teaching and can recite different scriptures. 

Always remember that Faith Unlocks divine power. A quote I heard and loved at the MTC Sunday devotional, "The Savior rarely moves the mountains in front of you, but he will always help you climb them!" - Sherri Dew I love being able to focus my life 100% on what the Lord wants of me. I love my family with all my heart. I pray for you every single day. I think of you often. Dad, I wrote you a letter for Father's day, I know it'll be a little late but know that I thought of you all day on Sunday and all the wonderful memories we had. Thanks for being the best dad for me. David, tell me more about NYC!

Yo tengo un testimonio que esta es la Iglesia de Dios, fue restaurado por el Profeta Jose Smith. Se que hay poder en leer el Libro De Mormon, y en orar humildemente ante Dios. El realmente contesta nuestras oraciones. Amo a mi Padre Celestial, yo se que en orar hacia el, el se llena de gozo y felicidad. Amo a mi Salvador, Jesucristo. Amo lo que puedo traere a la gente de Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico. Yo se que hay gente que esta esperando a recibir las bendiciones de este evangelio. Se que hay una diferencia en tener un testimonio y realmente ser convertido a Cristo. Siguen fuertes, oren por mi y mi companera! Nunca duden que esta iglesia fue establecido por Jesucristo para nosotros. Vaian al templo.

Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Coronado 






 My Favorite - Haha 


Some of my faaaaaaaavorite hermanas here at the MTC


The classroom I spend mostly...the entire day in learning the gospel


Where I live- MTC West campus, aka, a Spanish World



I love you dad, SOOOOO MUUUUCHHH!!!!


Mis favoritas hermanas aqui en el CCM. All we do is laugh when we're together.

Part of my zone

Sorry for the photo overload. Y'all. 

Until next week, Hermana Coronado! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment