Monday, August 25, 2014

Bautismo de los Escogidos

This week has by far been the best week on the mission. I´m sure it won´t be the first time I am saying this. 

To begin, I have been thinking a lot about my personal progress as a missionary within these past two months. As I read over some of my journal entry´s I came across a few quotes I would like to share with you.

The first is never forget just how much our Heavenly Fathers cares about each and every single one of His Children. When we turn to Him in prayer our souls are filled. We are sanctified. We are made whole. We are Happy! 

Cleave to the truthfulness of this Gospel. Convert Your Heart.

One of my favorite parts of being a missionary is my daily 1-hr personal study where I can dedicate my mind to studying the scriptures, PMG, conf talks, etc. One specific day I began to think about how fast this earthly life really is. I wanted to study how to better help my investigators grasp that it is so important to have faith but it is more important to Act off of that Faith, and this is their time to act.  

Presidents Uchtdorf is always one of my go-to conference talkers. In which he said, ¨This is one of the most remarkable periods of the world´s history! Ancient prophets yearned to see our day. When our time in mortality is complete, what experiences will we be able to share about our contribution to this significant period of our lives and to the furthering of the Lord´s work?¨ I love the question he asks. I know that being here, being a missionary will not always be the easiest thing to do but it will Always be the right thing. This is where I am needed. 

This week I have had street contacts yell rude comments at me and my companion, ignore us, and even laugh at what we say to them. In each of these occassions my heart is saddened for them. I often think of the Savior and all he endured in His earthly ministry. He truly is our best example. But even with these disadvantages I will never loose the faith that I have. ¨Defend your beliefs with courtesy and compassion, but defend them¨. -Pres. Holland

One of my favorite mission scriptures is Alma 26:27 ¨bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.¨

Hermana Hernandez and I have definitely felt the Lord´s love for us in this week.

We had 2 Baptisms this past weekend, WHAAAHOOO!!!!!

Hermana Jose Luis baptized his wife Hermana Citlaly, and his little sister Dorly. Never have I felt more joy, more happiness. Hermano Jose Luis and his parents have been members since he was a young boy, post serving his mission, him and his parents became inactive and have been for the past 4 yrs. During that time he married Citlaly and had their daughter Ingrid. A few weeks ago when we visited Citlaly we truly were able to see her heart softened, to see the change, the light of understanding in her eyes. She was able to remember the gospel of Jesus Christ and cleave to it. 

As I saw Hno. Jose Luis baptizing his wife I couldn´t help but have tears roll down my face. This wasn´t just a baptism. This was the beginning of the Lopez family become an eternal family. My mind immediately turned to D&C 18:15 ¨And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!¨ After the baptism Citlaly told me that in one-year she wanted to be sealed in the temple. My heart was over-flowing with joy. 

Dorly, although is only a little girls plans to serve a mission when she turns 19, and Hna. Citlaly wants her parents and best-friend to join the church. It truly is true, when one person has their own testimony they want to share it with others! Prior to my mission I often thought of who the people were that I would teach. Now that I am here I know that these sisters were my friends in the pre-existence and I promised them I would come to Coita to help remind them of the gospel and bring them back unto the fold of our Savior. 

I don´t think I will ever be able to adequately describe how special it is to help someone join the church. I am in awe of how much trust the Lord has in allowing me to be His hands here upon the earth. Each day I truly do try to put my whole heart and soul into the Lord´s work, to please Him in all that I do. 

Share the gospel with your friends. Allow them to receive the blessings you cherish each day.



Bautismo de Oro

 Mi Cumple 2 meses

On the way to one of our Cita´s it started to Pour and I forgot my umbrella, we were soaking..... haha I just love these memories




No comments:

Post a Comment