Monday, August 25, 2014

Perseverar Hasta El FINAL

Hola mi querida fam y amigos,

I didnt get to write yesterday because we went to the ZOO today with the 3 zones here in Tuxtla Gutierrez. 

This week has been the most challenging week for me in the mission field. We dropped many of our investigators that were not progressing but we also gaining 2 very firm, solid investigators. I am continually amazed at how wonderful the Lord is and how willing he is to bless his missionaries in the field. I never want to leave, haha.

One of my new favorite scriptures is Matthew 25:23. 
Funny things that happened this week: 
Me and my companion have THE WORST timing when it´s going to rain. We always get caught in the storm without umbrellas... haha
I ate these little bugs called Saks, their like spicy fried worms. They aren´t too bad. 
There is a brother in our Branch Hno. Ali who´se been a member-non member for 15 years and this past week we have been teaching one of his friends Manuel and after the lesson he said, ¨You have just had the opportunity to hear a very important lesson from the Sister Elders (Hermanas Elderes), and you should heed their council.¨ I had to try Really hard to not laugh out loud. 
I don´t know if I have said it enough but my heart truly feels like in 2

This past Sunday me and my companion taught gospel principles and taught ¨Exaltation¨, the reason and goal we are all striving to reach and to teach to others. This Sunday we brought 2 of those solid investigators to church with us. Hence, I was a little nervous to teach this lesson because it is very deep doctrine, nevertheless I knew if Hermana Hernandez and I prepared it well Angel and Abiel would feel the Spirit. We truly put our trust in the Lord. 

As we began to teach we showed them this diagram and taught them more about their eternal purpose as literal children of our Heavenly Father.


 endure

Afterwards I read to them a quote by Elder Ballard that touched my soul and feel like I should share it with you today. 

“Away on the Fort Peck Reservation where was doingmissionary work with some of our brethren, laboring among theIndians, seeking the Lord for light to decide certain matterspertaining to our work there, and receiving witness from Himthat we were doing things according to His will, found myselfone evening in the dreams of the night in that sacred building,the temple. After season of prayer and rejoicing wasinformed that should have the privilege of entering into one ofthose rooms to meet glorious Personage, and, as entered thedoor, saw, seated on raised platform, the most gloriousBeing my eyes have ever beheld or that ever conceived existedin all the eternal worlds. As approached to be introduced, hearose and stepped towards me with extended arms, and hesmiled as he softly spoke my name. If shall live to be millionyears old, shall never forget that smile. He took me into hisarms and kissed me, pressed me to his bosom, and blessed me,until the marrow of my bones seemed to melt! When he hadfinished, fell at his feet, and, as bathed them with my tearsand kisses, saw the prints of the nails in the feet of theRedeemer of the world. The feeling that had in the presence ofHim who hath all things in His hands, to have His love, Hisaffection, and His blessing was such that if ever can receivethat of which had but foretaste, would give all that am, allthat ever hope to be to feel what then felt!” (Melvin J. Ballard,Crusader for Righteousness [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1966],pp. 138–39).

After reading them this quote I had everyone in the room close their eyes and imagine themselves in the most perfect, beacutiful place they could, surrounded by their family, their friends, ancient prophets, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. After a minute when they oppened their eyes many of us were in tears. 

We can not even begin to comprehend or imagine how beautiful it will be to be able to live in the Celestial Kingdom with our loved ones. 

I am often in awe at how perfect the plan of our Heavenly Father is. He truly is in the details of our lives. This life will not be easy, it wasn´t meant to be, but truly Persevera Hasta El Final. It will be worth it. 

I know that the work of Salvation is the most important work to be done on this earth. Never be too afraid to share the gospel. Whether you realize it or not people are watching you and your example will set the standard for what a Mormon is. 

Los Amo. 

Siguen Fiel.

Hermana Coronado 

Jaguar

Las Guerras 

Las Hermanas 

The little girl in a yellow shirt is named Betsy!

WORMS

Zone in Zoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment