Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GRINGOLANDIA

Hola mi querida familia!

This week has been SO so wonderful. I truly know that Hermana Wilson (in the mission for almost 9mths) and I have a divine companionship. We work very well together and truly motivate each other to want to work harder. Hermana Wilson and I are very different, but we have the same humor (which is wonderful) because we can relieve any tention by just laughing it out. It is so true when our companionship is full of love and trust for one another the Lords confidence in us grows. 

Literally everyday this week has been full of miracles. We started of the week great. On Tuesday a little 8-yr old girl was baptized, in which Concepcion (21yr old investigator)  attended the baptism. She use to be hard-core Catholic but has been listening to the lessons for the past 2 weeks and her baptism is this coming Friday, October 3rd. One thing we really wanted Concepcion to understand was that baptism could only be possible, and truly valid in the eyes of the Lord if it is done by someone with the proper authority. The baptism was very noisy (so many kids), but right after when they confirmed little Alexa a member of the church and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost the room turned completely silent. The kids stopped crying, running around, talking and their was complete peace. I felt the spirit so strongly and knew Concepcion had too. Later into the week (on Friday), we sat and visited with her, continuing to prepare her for her baptism. In which she offered the closing prayer and said, "Please allow my family to accept that this is the true church, and what i am going to do (be baptized)". Definitely a tender, powerful moment. Finally, she gets it!!

Abiel (the kind 55 yr old man) we found in the street roughly 2 months ago was to be baptized this past Saturday, due to some circumstances our mission president has to decided to give him more time to prepare (which is actually a really good thing). Abiel was very sad when he found out he wouldnt be baptized, well not yet. The great thing is that his attitude towards this whole situation is wonderful. He is now reading his Book of Mormon everyday, keeping more of his committments and looks forward to the day he is baptized (by the mission president). Abiel has a huge heart. Sunday was the best. After church he was so happy, he came up to me and said "Hermana, Hermana. Guess what I just did? I said the closing prayer in class. They called my name, and I got nervous, I mean, how can you not, in front of so many people. But they told me I have to learn, and i said it!" He was literally jumping for joy. I gave him a high 5. And we rejoiced together. 

Viridiana is still progressing incredibly well for her baptism the 11th of October. She attended Saturdays General Womens Conference, even teared up a few times. As we were leaving the temple we were all so happy, Citlaly (Viris best friend(), Hermana WIlson and I. Since it was late into the evening Citlaly jokingly commented, 4 sisters alone, I hope we dont get robber (no need to worry, we were safe), we laughed and Viridiana commented, "If that happens I would give them everything, just not my Book of Mormon, they cant take that". It was very great to hear her say that.

Sandra is a reference from a member-family. She came to church on Sunday and we have her baptism planned for the 18th of October.She has assisted 3 times, and truly has a sincere desire to change her life and come unto Christ. Vivianas baptism is also planned for the 18th of October, she is a trooper. Her life never seems to not have 100bajillion problems yet through it all she remains faithful.

I have truly grown to admire the strength investigators have to just change their lives, completely. It is definitely not easy but - in time - it will always be worth it. Mom and dad, this week I was reading conference talks from April General Conference and i couldnt help but think of you both, go read "A priceless heritage of Hope" by President Eyring, It explains my love, admiration and gratitute for you both. so much. I will never truly be able to explain just how thankful I am for your decision to let me be a part of this Gospel. I love being a missionary. I dont think I have ever been able to feel as much joy as I do in this very moment. I know with all my soul that this is the true and only church that allows us to make covenants with the Lord. In it are the Keys of the priesthood, and so families can be forever. This is our priceless heritage of hope. I know it is true. 


I love, think, and pray for you all often. Know that I am happy. I love the Lord, so much. Be obedient to Him, talk to Him each day, every moment, convert your heart to the Lord (Helamen 3:35). He loves us more than we will ever know. Choose to serve Him. 

ps. I hope you are all as excited for General Conference as I am!!! A baptism, then conference the next day. Life is good. :)

With Love,

Hermana Coronado

Welcome to Coita Hna. Wilson

Our roof 

General Womens Conference with my favorite Sisters Citlaly and Viridiana :) 

We Love Tuxtla! We Love The Temple.

Let it rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment