Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tengo Gozo En Mi Alma Hoy

Computers here in Mexico hate me... This is the 3rd computer I have tried to use and I can finally log onto my email. Sorry for not replying to you all individually, know that I love and pray for each of you by name every day.

Anywhooo, Hola from Meeeexiccccoooo!

I simply don`t know where to begin. The Lord has been So kind, and trusting in Hermana Wilson and me. I know this area will continue to prosper and quickly.

Recap of the BEST week on the mission. The Spirit truly has been our Senior and constant companion. I have felt his presence in every lesson, in ever contact and throughout each day. I know that when we are more than exactly obedient we tend to become more receptive to the promptings of the Lord, and His council.

A quick story. On Tuesday we met a 21 yr old lady who had become a reference from the Elders. She had already accepted a baptismal date but has been very uneasy as to which of all the church could be true. Mainly whether the Catholic church in which she grew up in, or now, the ¨Mormon¨ church. 

Hermana Wilson and I began to teach her the restoration of the Gospel with a very simple object lesson, a flashlight. The flashling represents a living prophet and its batteries represent the priesthood power (sacerdocio). Its crazy but object lessons really help people here get why we need a guide (a prophet), to lead us out of darkness (apostasy) and into the light (the gospel). We have been very consistent with her, and in last nights lesson she told us her prayers had been answered, she will be baptized October 4th.

Viridiana is also progressing Very well. She has been rock solid since the start, but as any solid Investigator there comes a time where they have their ¨moment¨ and they kinda get scared and their testimony is tested. I am glad to say she is remaining firm for her Baptism the 11th of October.

I never would have thought 4 months ago that I could love strangers so much. That a piece of my heart could be in a little town in Southern Mexico. 

We have FOUR planned baptisms for the next coming month; which means we will be baptizing every week! Waaahhooooo... Since I am currently in a Branch. We were just informed that we need 4 priesthood holders that are paying their tithing to become a WARD!!!!

I am very thrilled to be a part of such a marvelous work, and to be a missionary the Lord trust to help this area continue to prosper. 

There truly is power in working together to build the Kingdom of God here upon the earth. I gave a talk in Sacrament on our responsibilty to serve each others as members of the church, as brothers and sisters in the church. 


Love one another enough to serve each other. Know that I love you all. I love my Savior. I cant wait to be re-united in His presence and just bask in His glorious Countenance. Study the scriptures, read the Book of Mormon- every day and you will be happy, just as I am.

Much love,

Hermana Coronado

Personal Studies Week 1


What a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment