Tuesday, October 7, 2014

La Luz Brilla

I simply don´t know where to begin. This weekend has been filled with the Lord continually telling me, ¨Trust me, things will work out¨. Each week its incredible to see just how people can and are willing to change.

Remember that baptism that was going to happen friday?! Well, it didnt happen... Here´s the story. On Monday we went to go visit Concepcion, we were so excited. She lives in a cerro up in the mtn. But the second we arrived at her house I felt her presence was very different. She is usally willing to let us into her home but this time it all felt off. As we sat down, as usal we began with a hymn and prayer. After, as we were getting ready to teach her about tithing she told us, ¨Sisters. I have bad news¨. All I thought was ¨OH NO, Dont do this!¨ She then told us, after spending the weekend in Tuxtla she felt confused and wasn´t going to get baptized. We trying everything to get her to feel that desire again but she was shut off. Hermana Wilson and I felt the spirit so strongly, so much to the point where I had tears rolling down my face as I bore my ¨dying man´s testimony¨ to her. We then left her with an open invitation to come to general conference..... And to my surprise Sunday Morning She Came! Its amazing how inspired conference is. Sunday morning was all about Prophets, and why this can truly be the only true church. I´m not sure if it had any effect on her but that was definitely a huge miracle from the Lord. Being here in Mexico has taught me to truly love others, to worry about their souls, their salvation and to do everything I possibly can to help them. 

Saturday evening we reminded Viridiana to come to conference (our golden investigator) and as we did, we began to send a few messages back in forth, in one of her messages she told us that she really wants to get baptized, it is the desire of her heart but she wanted more time. This Saturday (Oct 11th), felt too rushed for her. Immediately we realized it was fear that she was feeling. We assured her that conference would help her. Sunday, in between sessions we ran over to find her and encouraged her to trust the Lord, and to come to conference with that very question: Should I get baptized this coming saturday? She came to conference and all throughout the Sunday afternoon session I kept praying in my heart for her to feel the spirit and feel comfortable with her baptismal date. All the talks sunday afternoon were a beautiful build up to Elder Bednar. When he began to speak, I just thought ¨Thank you Heavenly Father¨. I knew this is what Viridiana needed to hear.

The session ended and afterwards, Hermana Wilson, Viridiana, Jose Luis (our mission leader), his wife Citlaly (Viris best friend) and I went into the primary room in the church. We pulled out chairs and began talking with Viridiana. We all bore our testimonies, and cried. It was definitely one of the most spiritual lessons i´ve ever had here on the mission. We re-invited Viridiana and she herself said, ¨I want to get baptized this saturday. The fear I felt has somehow vanished¨. My heart swelled with Joy. ¨The Dream Team¨ (investigator, mission leader, recent convert, missionaries) works perfectly.

This whole week has been a whirlwind of emotions, but throughout everything my heart has been at peace, and my mind has continually run to Heavenly Father telling me, ¨Just Trust Me.¨

More miracles of this week: The technology here in Coita wasn´t flawless but I kept praying for it to work smoothly while the Investigators were present at conference and it did. Hno Ricardo (an inactive for yeeears) showed up to general conf, sunday morning! When I saw him, I told him, I must be looking at the stars, and his reply, ¨You just found 2¨. His 3 kids are the ones in all of my photos. They are so special. 

My favorite talks from conference, too many to just choose one. It would either be Pres. Uchtdorf, You have to live the gospel to know its true. Or Elder Bednar!

Know that I am happy. This gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ truly changes me more and more each day. It teaches me to be a better missionary, a better companion, a better daughter, and a better member of the church. I am constantly motivated to want to help others. There truly is nothing else that brings more joy than this. I Love and Sustain President Monson. He truly is a man called of God. What a privilege it is to have him to guide us to be a little better each day.

Thank you for your love and prayers. I love you all very much. Trust God an Believe in Good Things to Come.

With Love,
Hermana Coronado

(no photos this week, this computer doesnt work) hah, as usual :) Anywho, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment