Monday, July 7, 2014

ANNNIIIMMMOOOOO Y BENDICIONES

So much to share.

Crazy/ Funny things that happened this past week.

Apparently Chiapas has a lot of Earthquakes. This morning around 6 I woke up after I felt my bed and walls shaking, my companion called over to me and said, ``Esta temblando``, I didn`t respond, I didn`t even move... haha. Lets just say I was really tired... But all is good. I along with my companion am doing great.

Here in Ocozocoautla Everyone sets fireworks, whether it`s 9a.m., or 4p.m., or 10p.m. At 5:30a.m. there`s always a man that walks by outside ringing a bell, it`s sooo loud.People like to play music here, like everyone. As we walk down the streets we`ll hear like 4 or 5 different songs within a matter of a few blocks. I`m slowly but surely getting use to all the noises here!

Many people in Coita, if not all love calling me ``guerita``. A few days ago we were walking by a couple of borachitos and one of them told me ``gooood morning``, i laughed and said, ``buenas tardes``, it was like 2p.m.

On Sunday after church me and my companion were walking and this man approached us and asked if we could give him 10 pesos, we told him we didn`t work, we were just here to share the gospel. He kinda understood and said next time he`d go proselyting with us all day.Hahah. The drunk people of Coita are never a bore!

Top words here in Chiapas: todos dicen ``no o si pue`` = no or yes, ``a la mecha`` = cool

Now for the GREAT news!
Last Sunday was rough when all our Investigators didn`t come but Yesterday it was like majic. We`ve been working really hard with this family, Cesi and Jose Luis Fernandez. When me and my companion arrived at church, as we walked into the Sacrament hall we saw the elders had 2 investigators and we thought, where are OUR investigators??? Then we saw the entire Hernandez Family. J.L.,, Cesi and their 3 kids. My heart was swelling with joy. I couldn`t even contain myself. As Sacrament continued my companion told me ``Hermana, ``hay mas``. We ended up having 11 investigators at church, 5 of them were kids but still. AHH. I was sooooo happy. One brother named Edwin came up to me and told me, ``I want in on this``. It was like music to my ears. We`ll begin teaching him Tomorrow!

We had began our fast for ``La Obra Misional`` Saturday afternoon and the second we started it I felt Sunday was going to be a great day. There is So much potential here in Coita. I`m feeling so much more confident when I teach the gospel. The spirit truly is our guide, our key to testify the truth. It is such a priviledge, a pleasure to be able to find the `escogidos` here in Coita. One of the main goals is to turn this Branch into a Ward by December. There are 2 other missionaries, Elders in the ward. At times I think of how blessed I am to know that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be placed here. 

The gospel changes lives. It purifies our hearts. It stregthens our souls. It edifies our testimony. 

Please Give the Missionaries Referrals. Now that I am a missionary I realize just how important it is to tell them who you know that could benefit from the Gospel. 

I love being a missionary. I love my companion. Sister Hernandez knows So much about America. I`m teaching her new english words. There truly is power in sharing the gospel 2 by 2. (D&C 42:6). I love knowing the Plan our Heavenly Father has prepared for us. I love knowing that families can be eternal. Thank you mom and dad for being sealed in the temple, for making our family eternal. :)

I love you all so much and pray for you often.

Hermana Coronado

Chocoflan, one of my favorite desserts here

Tuxtla Gutierrez Temple

Paletas Coronado!!!!

Earlier today morning Study

Mi Companera

No comments:

Post a Comment