Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Forget Yourself and Go to Work

Hola Mi querida familia y amigos,

Oro por ustedes Diario! He aprendido Mucho en esta ultima Semana aquí en Coita. Cada día aprendo que esta obra, es la obra de Dios, el esta apresurando su obra para la segunda venida de nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo.

This week has been a week of love, diligence and work. 

On Wednesday I had my first Zone Conference with President George. If I hadn´t said it before, I love my mission president. He is the Best!! His focus during conference was hastening the work, and more importantly remembering to Go To Work, forget ourselves and be obedient. 

He shared with us a quote by President Ballard that says, ¨It is a privilege! There is no greater joy in this life than to be anxiously engaged in the work of the Lord.¨ It truly is impossible to fail with the Lord on our side, as His missionaries.


¨Cada vez que, en sentido figurado, toman a alguien de la mano y lo presentan a Jesucristo, sentirán la profundidad del amor del Salvador por ustedes y por la persona cuya mano tomaran.¨ Moroni 7:33 ¨Si tenéis fe en mi, tendréis poder para hacer cualquier cosa que me sea conveniente...¨

This week as we were street contacting one of the men, named Noe accepted to have a cita with us. We went to his house later into the week with the intention of teaching him the Plan of Salvation. As we taught him and his wife I felt the spirit so strongly. I felt that my words were not my words, it reminded me of my fairwell talk, with each comment, in heart and in my mind I knew the spirit was guiding me to say that which would touch the heart of the Perez Family. I simply can´t describe the feeling. After the Lesson me and my companion left their home and I asked her, ¨Did you feel that?¨ She said she did. There was so much power in this one Lesson. I felt so happy. As we walked home all I could feel and think was how grateful I was to be a part of this obra. 

The gospel of Jesus Christ lifts the wounded, heals the sick, strengthens the weak, softens hearts and changes lives. I know it. I am lucky enough to see it happen everyday. It isnt easy. And when there are hard days and everyone is saying no, all I think is, ¨If it werent easy for Him (our Savior, Jesus Christ), Why would it be easy for me?!¨

We have several baptisms planned for this upcoming month. Please continue to pray that each of our investigators will come to church, keep thier commitments and soo enjoy the blessings of making their first covenant on this earth, baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.

My remidy to everything, if I am every feeling anything but happy I simply just laugh. I have found that Laughter is the way I am able to keep that ANNNIIIMMMMOOOOO everyday. 

D&C 100:5-6, a scripture that gives me so much confidence. 

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints it is our privilege, our responsibility to share the gospel. Work with the missionaries, they need you more than you know. One of the biggest challenges here in Coita is member-missionary work. Yes the missionaries are thankful when you feed them but that is not enough. Give them referrals! And set a specific time and date in which that referral (person you know) can come over and have the missionaries there. You have no idea how thankful they will be for your willingness to help. Remember by helping them who you are truly helping is our Heavenly Father. And because of your willingness to serve he will bless you with more blessings than you can imagine.

The time to work is now! I know with all my heart that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. The heat, the sweating, the walking, it will all be worth it in the end. Being a missionary is the greatest blessing. There is nothing but beauty in the gospel of Jesus Christ. My devotion and commitment to the Lord is strengthened each day. 

Keep the prayers coming. I can feel the love. Thank you for your constant words of encouragement.

p.s. My companion Hermana Hernandez is Hilarious. She´s just as crazy and happy as I am. It makes for the best memories. We are always laughing.... I love it.

Los Amo - Hasta La Proxima.

ANIMO Y Sean Feliz,

Hermana Coronado 

Read the Book of Mormon and pray to our Heavenly Father to know if it is true. It will bring you more happiness than you can imagine. 

 Una pared padrisima en Coita, hay un Carnaval en Febrero aqui a el que todos festejan en grande


Mi Cumple-Mes de la Misión, whooo!

Funny story, before coming on my mission I use to stalk Hermana Hickman´s blog to see what Mexico was really like then my first Zone meeting I saw her and told her I knew who she was and we both died laughing... She´s awesome!

Presidente y Hermana George

Favorite blue house in Coita

No comments:

Post a Comment