Monday, September 8, 2014

Se Ejemplo De Los Creyentes

Hola! Espero que hayan podido tener una muy buena semana igual que yo he tenido.

This week has definitely been one of the craziest weeks of the mission. 

First, on Monday my companion and I went to a cita with a kind, old lady who can´t hear very well. We always sing hymns to her. Note, her street is a dead end, so there is only one way in and out... As we are literally 4 houses away from knocking on her door, this little white dog starts barking, my companion pulls out her umbrella and we keep walking when all out of literally no-where comes this huuuuge black dog. 

My companion freaks out and I tell her not to run or the dogs are going to chase us and bite us. We slowly step back and the dogs go back to their houses. We give it another try and the same thing, the dogs start barking at us. I then told my companion, ¨Nothing is going to happen to us, we should try again, 3 times, like Nephi¨. This time my companion just watched me try to attempt to cross where the dogs were when suddenly the same black dog runs out and is literally like inches away from biting my skin.... I freaked out. I thought if I run, i´ll get bit, if i don´t move, i´ll get bit... either way, it wasnt looking to good. I started telling the dog in english, ¨please don´t bite me¨, then this old lady walks out and throws a stick at the dogs and the dogs semi-calms down.... Lets just say i´ll be keeping my distance from the stray dogs in Mexico, lesson learned.

On Tuesday we had intercambios with the capacitadoras (sister training leaders) from Tuxtla. I stayed in Coita while my companion went to Tuxtla. I took Hna. Cordova to visit Viviana one of our golden investigators in Lucio Cabanas. When we were talking to Viviana, Viviana told me, Hermana Coronado, ¨I have a goal to a achieve. A goal I haven´t told you sisters about. I haven´t even told Hna. Juanita. That is the reason I keep listening to you sisters and going to church. A goal that I will be able to accomplish in 1 year¨. I looked at her and said, ¨You want to go to the temple?!!¨ And she said, ¨YES!¨ My heart was beyond over-joyed all I could say was, ¨as a missionary, you couldn´t have told me a more perfect goal¨. Viviana Get it! She really does. Viviana is 23yrs. old and has had an incredibly rough life. Yet throughout all her trials she continues to come to church every Sunday, to read her BOM and pray. I truly admire her love and devotion to doing what is right. Her biggest challenge is her marriage, she isn´t married. Our goal with her is to have her get married this month so that she can be baptized the 20th of September. She is an incredibly special sister. 

Wednesday after intercambios my comp. and I had a lot of excitement. We told each other, we are finding 2 new investigators today. It was 7pm and nothing... We decided to contact a reference we had received from a member earlier that day. After several attempts we found her house, and she wasnt there. We left our contact information with Jadira, Yesenia´ sister. As we were walking away Jadira yells, ¨Sisters, this is her.¨ We turned around and met Yesenia, a 26yr. old women who has had a lot of contact with the church and has So much potential.

After meeting her we were very excited. We then decided to try contacting another reference. Her name is Viridiana, she is Citlali´s best friend. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she accepted it right away. I am truly amazed at how much the Lord works towards helping us, his missionaries find his children. 

This past Sunday was our Branch´s annual conference. In total we had 2 less active members attend as well as 12 investigators. Afterwards a member mentioned to me,¨ if only if could be like this every week¨. It truly can be. It is our responsibiliy as members - missionaries - and investigators to work together to bring the gospel to EVERYONE. 

My animo is always high but it is so much higher now. This week we met with many anti-mormons who simply let us in, in order to try and challenge our beliefs, and in each of these situations all I could do was: Be firm, Be Kind, and more than anything Love them. 

I know that there truly are going to be many people who will try to make us doubt our beliefs, or try to make the things we believe sound silly but just continue to remember. We have the truth as Latter Day Saints. Never be ashamed. Be an example.

I have been thinking and feel very impressed to share a challenge with you all. I know we are all in different states, countries even but I would like to offer you a challenge this week that I know will provide more blessings than you can imagine. It is simple. I want you each to kneel down and pray for a name, a person to who you could give a Book of Mormon to this week. Before giving it to them pray for the adequate words you need to say to be able to give it to them and allow them an opportunity to feel the spirit. When you give them the Book of Mormon invite them to read the introduction, the testimony of the 3 and 8 witnesses as well as the testimony of Joseph Smith. Then a few days later verify to see if they read it, what they felt, and if they have any questions. I am sure they will. So the next step is, Set up an appointment for them to meet with the missionaries and be present for that appt. 

Remember specific prayers, specific answers. If you dont have an extra Book of Mormon ask the missionaries for one. I know they will be more than pleased to give you one. 

And next week I would love to hear about your experiences. :)

Have faith. Our faith determines our capacity to act! 

Con amor,
Hermana Coronado

No comments:

Post a Comment