Monday, September 8, 2014

Un Llamado o un Escogido

Are you called, or are you chosen?! 

This has been the thought of the week for me, throughout my personal studies and in each lesson I teach I think, am I helping these people to become chosen? By this I mean, to help them make covenants with our Heavenly Father (starting with baptism), but more than that, am I helping them to remain faithful to these covenants. In each lesson I try to look at each of these men, women, or children and visualize that they are a member of my family. This has truly allowed me to teach them with so much more love. Love is a key to conversion.

This week I have truly seen the hand of the Lord in my life. He has blessed me so much to the point where my heart is very often over-flowing with joy. I feel very thankful to know that the Lord trusts my companion and I to help guide and teach His elect back to His fold.

We have 2 baptisms planned for this coming saturday and next saturday. This Saturday a young 19 yr. old named Angel, the next Sat., his Uncle Abiel. In my mission we are always saying we are here to harvest, not to crop, to find the escogidos! These two are definitely that.

We met Angel two months ago, and knew he was one of those chosen souls. We just felt it. We taught him restoration the same week we met him and immediately pulled out his doubts, a living prophet. He couldnt get himself to understand how a man could see god. We counsiled him to ask our Heavenly Father. For the next month or so we were not progressing with him. We would go to his house to verify if he had prayed and nothing, he was never home, and it seemed like he was ignoring us. We almost dropped him, and then he showed up to church. We read with him the experience Joseph Smith had and after reading it together he told us, so prayer is really important?! We told him that His prayer would mean Everything!! 

He told us he would pray. On Thursday we went to verify how his prayer went. (I was nervous.) As we sat down, sang a hymn, opened with a prayer and began talking to him we asked him Angel, did you say your prayer? He told us he had but wanted to tell us the story of how his prayer went. 

He said Saturday night he had been having a nightmare and couldnt sleep so he decided he would say a prayer. As he did he remembered to pray and ask if the church was true, and if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. As he said his prayer he told us his body began to be overcome with a feeling of peace and he felt as if someone were literally hugging him. He began to have a tingly sensation run throughout his body. He finished his prayer and said it was as if someone had laid him back onto his bed, 

He then told us, before I could even ask him that He knew This was the True church, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. We are looking forward to his Baptism this Saturday at 5pm.

On Friday we went to visit Viridiana, since our first visit with her I knew her spirit was strong and she was someone incredibly special. After teaching her when I was asking her to be baptized she only let me get half-way into the question before she answered yes! She will be baptized Oct. 11th.

On Saturday Hno. Abiel said a prayer with my companion and I, in which he asked our Heavenly Father to not put any obstacles in front of him so that he could be able to go to church the following day and become a member more in His Church. It was awesome. There truly is no greater satisfaction that seeing someone that never prayed before to allowing themselves to learn about this important communication we have with our Heavenly Father.

This past Sunday was Stake Conference and I was very happy to see our 3 golden investigators show up to the church building Sunday morning at 8am so that we could all ride a bus together to Conference (In Tuxtla) without my companion or I having to pick them up.

Coita is such a wonderful area. The work of Salvation will continue to prosper, and there will be nothing that can stop it. I feel very priviledged to be even a small part of helping the gospel be spread to the people of Mexico.

Dont be active members in going to church but inactive in sharing the gospel. It is not enough to have a testimony that this is the true church. We have to be truly Converted to the gospel. Conversion requires action. 

There truly is nothing more important than knowing that this Gospel, this church is true. I know that there is SO much power in prayer, in humbling our heart and turning it towards our Savior. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, not because someone convinced me it was but because I prayed, just as Joseph Smith did; and I received my answer that it was true. (Galatas 5:22-23). I know that Joseph Smith was the man who our Heavenly Father chose to allow us to enjoy the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we continue to receive revelation from our father in Heaven from our living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. We are a church who believes in visions, revelations, priesthood power, in making and keeping sacred covenants. And more than anything I know that Christ is at the head of this church, His Church. Of this I will testify all the days of my life.

Be a believer. Be chosen. Be active. Be faithful. Be as Jesus Christ.

Sea Feliz, Sea Mormon.

Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Coronado 

My companion is a wonderful chef, we made CREPES, I was in heaven.

Chirimoya, an exotic Chiapaneco fruit

Hermana Hernandez and I at the Tuxtla Gutierrez Temple

Dani and Hna, Lucelba are two of my favorite sisters in my ward, I Have to have known them in the pre-existence

My House in Coita. Every sister missionary call it, La Mansión de Coita.

No comments:

Post a Comment