Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Somos Los Santos del Altísimo

This week has been HUGE, full of many tender miracles, love for my Savior and a true-deeper understanding for the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Last week during zone conference President George asked me if I would like to go Canyon del Sumidero, and of course I said yes. So on Pday last week we went to el Canyon del Sumidero with Pres and Sister George, as well as 2 other companions, one of which came to the mission field with me (Hermana Baer). It was so much fun. President said it would be my ¨pre-birthday¨ celebration.

He also announced a NEW Rule.... I CAN GO TO THE TEMPLE! If i am in the surrounding Tuxtla stakes (there are 3), we are now allowed to go to the temple once every six weeks, talk about Awesome news. The temple is one thing I truly miss! And thats not even everything. If my recent converts begin doing their geneology and find names they want to take to the temple, I CAN GO WITH THEM!!! This friday morning Hermana Wilson and I are planning to go to a session in the temple. (My pday today is cut 3,4 hrs short, but its worth it). And we are planning a huge temple trip with Citlaly, Jose Luis, Viridiana, Angel, Ceci and Eduardo Cabrera (most of the conversos recientes), for one of these upcoming saturdays.

We had Virdiana¨s baptism this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! Viridiana told us she wanted her uncle to baptize her, my intial thoughts were awesome, she has family that are members of the church. Little to know that the Entire baptismal room was Full of her family (she has a lot of family members who are lds). Even before entering the waters of baptism her face radiated the light of Christ. After her baptism she hugged me, with tears rolling down her face she thanked me for never giving up on her. My whole soul was filled with Joy. These are the moments that make Everything worth it! To know this mission, serving here in Mexico is truly helping people change their ¨naturaleza¨. On Sunday Viri told me that she never knew so much joy could fill her heart. I smiled and told her, ¨It gets better, just wait until you go inside the temple.¨

Soila is Abiels younger sister. Four months ago she broke her foot, but she is definitely a chosen one. Everytime we went to teach Abiel she would always be peaking over to hear but never joined us. I always figured she was curious but too shy to come into the lessons with us. Not too long ago she told me, ¨I dont think its bad to listen. I would like to listen to what you sisters share¨. Hermana Wilson and I began teaching her last week. To our surprise, Soila has a Book of Mormon, and even attended for several months to our church in a different state here in Mexico but due to time, she began to work on Sundays. In our intial cita we challenged her to get baptized in 2 weeks time. This upcoming Saturday, October 18th. She accepted but is slightly saddened that she can not walk into the water by herself. Please pray for her to have the courage to keep her faith and follow our Savior. Our father in Heaven works in mysterious but perfect ways. I know she is prepared and will be a worthy, wonderful member. As a companionship we have made the goal to pray for her baptismal date in every prayer.

Citlaly gave the lesson on Sunday in Principios del Evangelio. It swelled my heart with joy to see her teaching the class, such natural confidence. She said something I really loved. ¨Our Heavenly Father always send the people, the situations, and sets the paths for us to overcome our stumbling blocks (our trials) along the road.¨ How true this is. 

I have begun a ¨40 day fast¨, se llama cambiando nuestra naturaleza. For 40 days I am going to get rid of all the things that impede me from constantly having the spirit. They are all little things. It began yesterday after my fast. I know that this process of purification is real. I am often, daily, always thinking about the atonement of Jesus Christ. His love is real. His love is perfect. My everything here on the mission is a small return of my Saviors everything. This gospel is a labor of love! It changes, turns, and purifies the heart of those who sincerely look for the truth. Life depends on how we wish to see it. 

When this life finishes live to be worthy of eternal peace in the presence of Him whose face we have searched for, whose laws we have kepy, and who we have chosen to serve! As servants of the Lord, our purpose is to walk the path that He waled. We should live our life the way He did! Live repentance, the atonement can heal, cleanse and purify everyone.

I love you all. I pray for you daily. I love my Father in Heaven, and my Savior Jesus Christ. Turn to Him in everything. (2 Nephi 25:29)

Hermana Coronado

fotos: 1 Sunset in Coita 2 La vista en el camino al Canyon del Sumidero

Sunset in Coita

La vista en el camino al Canyon del Sumidero

Canyon Del Sumidero

Viridianas Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment