Tuesday, November 18, 2014

La Verdadera Fe

Esta semana ha sido lleno de muchooooo muuuucchhhooo animo, amor y verdadero gozo. 

We met Zoila last week and she was quite sad, in pain and with her crutches. One day we intentially arrived at her house, in hopes of finding her... We did. We began teaching her and committed her to getting baptized within 5 weeks time, Until we found out SHE HAD A BOOK OF MORMON, and had already assisted to church for 5 months (a while ago). We then felt the impression to ask her to get baptized within 10 days time, aka, the following Saturday. At first she was a bit hesitant. She continued telling us her desire was to get baptized. In 3 days time (Monday), she went to a huesero (a bone ¨doctor¨), who realized that her foot had been healing wrong, and re-broke her foot (without anestesia), craaazzzyyy. 

That same day we went to visit her, she was in so much pain it broke my heart. As we tried everything to comfort her, with tears rolling down her cheecks she told us, ¨my baptism was this saturday, right?¨ My response, ¨It still can be, have faith, have a lot of faith¨. We took our ward mission leader, Hno. Jose Luis to give her a blessing of health and in 2 days time to our HUGE surprise Zoila was standing up with her crutches. 

Finally the day of her baptism arrived on Saturday, and everything that could happen, did happen. Due to her injured foot we knew we had to heat up the water, and we were told the church had a boiler. Hna Wilson and I thought it would be simple to turn on, and after pushing a bunch of buttons decided to Google it! Best idea, we called the Hesa Boiler company and they told us how to turn it on. Once the water was heating and filling up the font Zoila arrived and it starts pouring rain. To kill some time we played the movie ¨John Tanner¨ prior to the baptism, Zoila watched it and cried. As she entered the baptismal font, we helped her in, and had a chair ready for her to sit in. It was a beautiful baptism, and the spirit truly filled the room. I have never met someone as special as her. Since day one she has been SO receptive to the spirit, so willing to listen and truly has so much faith! Zoila is now a beautiful member of the church, and I feel incredibly priviledged to have been a small part in helping her Come Unto Christ! :)

I am 20!!!!!!! Whahhooo.... My birthday is always one of my favorite occassions, who doesnt love their birthday?! I have definitely been priviledged to have great birthdays but NOTHING as great as the one here on the mission!! My day was literally perfect, every cita we had planned to visit was home, every lesson was so spiritual and Hna. WIlson decked out our house with random sticky notes all over the house, it was very kind. After our ward FHE night, Dani and Hna. Lucelva told me that they wanted to give me a birthday dinner. Hna Wilson and I arrived at Danis house and the doors were closed to their living room, the second I opened it 15 yr old Dani ¨caked me¨ with a gansito. She got me good. The second I opened my eyes there was a huge memoir/collage of my adventures with Dani these past four months. They also made me PIZZA! For anyone that knows me, pizza is the way to my heart, hahah.

On Friday we went to a session in the temple and it was so beautiful! My whole soul felt purified, cleansed and filled with the love of my Savior. 

I love this gospel so much, more and more each day. This period, this life is a brief moment of time. It is a short time of great importance. Often I think of how much I feel like i am changing and think of how there truly is nowhere else i would rather be, than here. I know that if we do what is right we will receive an eternal reward of righteousness. We will be able to reach our priceless heritage of hope, to return to live in the Presence of our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. This is the time to change, to progress, this period unites our eternal past and our eternal future. I know that without challenges and opposition in our life we are incapable of progressing. 

Be a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
I love you all very much.

Hermana Coronado

our adam and eve interpretation




Dani got me good 

The Collage Dani made me..

Amo la Casa De El Senor 

Zolia - a heart of pure gold - truly beautiful inside and out

bahahah.... get it?
A cool tree



No comments:

Post a Comment