Tuesday, November 18, 2014

¡Ay ya yay, lo que nunca espere, paso!

This week has been CRAZY! Definitely a whirlwind of everything. The good, the great, and a little taste of the Bad. For anyone who knows me I am a huge clutz, but until now had been doing quite well. Well my luck changed Saturday night. I TRIPPED on a hole in the ground on the sidewalk (downside of mexico, streets here are horrible), and wasnt able to catch my balance, and rolled over my left foot causing the tendon to swell. The great news is its nothing major, just a swollen bruised foot. Haha. Oh man. When I fell Hna. Wilson and Hno. Emmanuel didnt know what to do. It happened a block away from Red Cross. As I sat on the side of the road i knew it was a sprain, hno. emma ran to red cross to get help. And I cant even explain how hilarious it was to see 3 young adults run over to me with their emergancy red bag. They were so enthusiastic.It was awesome. Sorry to let them down,,, it was just a sprain. From there we decided to go to a members house and i hobbled into a moto-taxi that took us to hna. chabelita´s house. She is AWESOME. Every weekend she has a garnacha business (quite delicious oaxacan food), her, her daughter and 2 neices all helped me as i sat in this rocking chair, one held ice to my foot, as the others tried to help. The custom here in Mexico is if you get hurt you get a massage (a sobada), people here are so strong. Hna. Chabelita rubbed her palm into my foot and it hurt so much i couldnt stop crying and laughing simultaneously. On Sunday Dani came over to baby-sit me, and more than anything i have truly felt the Love of my brothers and sisters here in Coita. I am in good hands. I learned to appreciate all the blessings the Lord has given to us. People: APPRECIATE your feet. They are a true blessing. I have learned to see people with even more empathy and love, just as Christ would. I have a wonderful companion. I love her dearly. 

The great thing about the U.S. is there arent nearly as many noises, haha. Here in Mexico the noises are CRAZY. 5:30am clang, clang, clang, the trash man is here, in every restoration lesson the gas truck drives by with metal rings scrapping against the street, you wouldnt think it was so loud, but it is; everynight as we are planning a wheezing, high pitched, huge tea kettle gas oven on a moving cart, aka the man that sells fried bananas. 

We finally figured out why we have no water, our bomba is broken, it doesnt have enough strength to cause the water to filter throughout our house, but all is well, we have a sisterna (a huge well) inside our house that we use bucked to get our water from. 

The great news: We are having 2 baptisms this Saturday. Hno. Abiel and Jeremias. We dropped Jeremias on Friday because he was feeling very pressured by everyone, but deep down we knew He wanted to get baptized. We left him with an open invitation to come to church on Sunday, and make a decision then. (It would be his 5th sunday attendance). When he came we asked him if he had made a decision and he told told us that he would be getting baptized this saturday. I could hear the hallelujah chorus. How wonderful! 

Coolest thing, our branch is planning a ¨Meet the Mormons¨ activity. That is one huge thing about Coita, everyone knows about the church, but no one really understands who we are. It will be happening Friday November 28th. Please pray for our members here to have the ability to encourage all their friends, family, everyone to come to the activity. We are quite excited about it!

We met a wonderful family this week, their are the Hernandez Family. They gather their whole family around to listen to us. It is pretty great.Coolest thing, our branch is planning a ¨Meet the Mormons¨ activity. That is one huge thing about Coita, everyone knows about the church, but no one really understands who we are. It will be happening Friday November 28th. Please pray for our members here to have the ability to encourage all their friends, family, everyone to come to the activity. We are quite excited about it!

Carlos is the greatest child I have ever met. He is 9 yrs old and everytime we see him he talks about his baptism. On sunday he told me, ¨Solo me faltan 3¨, meaning he only needs 3 more asistencias for his baptism. Its wonderful because the primary christmas program will be the day of his confirmation, Dec. 14th. 

The key to having a happy life is to maintain an eternal perspecitve, to know there is more than a here and a now, to understand the importance of having our eye, Single to the Glory of God. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. There have been many times where I sit and ponder, as i read the Book of Mormon, and think of the mission of our Lord, for me, and when these feelings overcome me, I tell myself: I can never be disloyal to Him. I cant ever not give this mission my all. He is Marvelous!

I didnt live during the time of our Saviors mission on the earth. I havent seen Him; but that isnt necessary. I have felt His presence! I know the Holy Ghost has enlightened myt} mind and has revealed this unto me, in a way that I truly love my Redeemer, I know this is true, better than anything else in this life. I wouldnt desire it any other way, I desire to be faithful to Him! Jesus is the Christ, the Living Son of God. We must believe in Christ and take His life as Our example. We must be baptized even as He was; we must worship the Father even as He did; we must do the will of the Father even as He did; we must try to do good and be righteous - even as He did. He is our example, our friend, our Savior, the gran prototype of our Salvation. 

¨When you have a problem and it is necessary to make a decision take the time to ask yourself: What Would Jesus Do?, and then Do What He Would Do.¨ - Joseph Fielding Smith

I love you all very dearly. Siguen fieles. Que tengan una Linda Semana!

Hermana Coronado





 Leiber

Carlos






Our we have water faces.... well, for 10 minutes the bomba worked.... 
 How i sat prior to the Sunday meeting, everyone kept taking pictures of me, hah too funny. Missionaries are Not invincible....

No comments:

Post a Comment