Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tienen AGUA?!?!

This week was awesome. I know I say that every week, but it just means, I mean it! 

The Craziest thing that happened They Cut Off the water on Thursday, for literally 5 blocks. NO Water calls for seeeveral trips running from our house to the church and back filled with buckets of water. The biggest blessing is that our church building is only 1 block and a 1/2 from our house. What an adventure. We are suppose to have water in a few hours, this afternoon.

This week was full of teaching children. Truly they are the elect of our Heavenly Fathers children, such purity. In specific we have been visiting and teaching Maria Del Socorro, she works on Sunday and it has been quite difficult to get her to progress, this past tuesday while trying to look for her we met her 10yr old Son Carlos. He is a true gem. Such a smart, special kid with an earnest desire to learn about God, and just do Good. His mom and him have their baptism planned for the 13th of December. (I still can't believe our Invitaciones bautismales are for DECEMBER).

Whenever our citas fall through Hna. Wilson and I have become quite well at having street lessons, this week was full of them. I want to tell you about the funniest one this week. His name is Caesar, we met him as we were singing hymns in the street late into the evening, and he greeted us. We asked him if we could teach him, and we did. Side note: During this same time a Young Man named Ysahaq from our branch was doing visits with us. We told him a sister from our ward would be coming by sometime to give us our laundry, and we wanted him to go get it to not distract from the lesson). As we were teaching Caesar Ysahaq went to get our clothes, and brought them into the cita... AHHH, too funny. I was so embarrased, but you know they are great people when they dont get distracted. On our walk home I kept thinking to myself, ¨I am So Hungry!¨ After getting inside our house I looked into my laundry bag and there were 2 huge burrito-tacos!! The Lord is wonderful. I love the members of Coita, so much.

Karen is a 17yr old girl who will be baptized in 2 weeks, the 15th of November. She truly is a wonderful young women. Everytime we teach her I feel like she is my little sister and truly desire the best for her! She comes to church by herself, reads the Book of Mormon. says her prayers; she is great.

Mari is a street contact who we have been teaching (she makes the best hot chocolate), along with her 2 sons - they are only 6 and 4 but they are always attentive when we teach them to pray, to sing hymns, etc. This Sunday Mari and her 2 sons joined us to church. This truly was THE BEST Sunday to come to church if you were an investigator. Testimony meeting was beautiful from the children, to recent converts, to those who have been members for years. The lesson in principles of the gospel was on prophets, and in relief society about prayers. After church ended their was a baptism, best way to top off a sunday. The spirit was so strong. After the baptism ended Mari turned to us, and said, ¨When are you going to come to my house?¨ A sister from the branch also asked her if she was going to come next week? And Mari happily replied, ¨Yes.¨ 

I have truly grown to love the Lord so much, to Love His children here in Mexico, and to love sharing the gospel. I know that our Redeemer Lives. I believe in Jesus Christ. I want to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to proclaim the gospel to every ear that wants to listen, to allow them to know that Salvation is possible because of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

One of our primary purposes for this earthly probation is to see if we will learn with the spirit of prayer always in our heart, to live our life in Accion de Gracias, so that when the Lord Decides to speak, we will Hear His voice in our Soul!

Pray always. I have learned that prayer turns our heart humble, amplifies our comprehension, enlightens our mind, and it closens us to our Heavenly Father. Live worthy of His Love and infite blessings, use the cleansing power of the atonement. 

With Love,

Hermana Coronado

After 4 months - we Finally have pillows. I sleep in Heaven now :)

Our version of Baptism Jesus Packages!

Jose Luis, Citlaly, Viridiana - Mis Coitecos Favoritos!

 People that I love!


Hermana Wilson and I - we taught a bunch of kids about the Plan of Salvation and in the dirt, with random flowers they created their garden of Eden, such smart kiddos here.



Our version of a Water supply. I literally couldnt stop laughing the first day we ran to the church with our buckets to get water! Too great of a memory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment