Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Miracle Coita

One week later and i am 90% back, i can speed walk again, it is a beautiful thing, walking without pain. :)

So this week was beyond crazy. Free agency will always be something incredibly challenging to accept people having here on the mission. Yes i know, that is the point of this life but sometimes i just wish i could grab them and shake them, and say: "Let me help you be HAPPY!" Like this past, the week began with 3 planned baptisms,then one didnt show up for church and there goes her baptism, then Jeremy said he didnt want to get baptized (even though we knew whole-heartedly that he did). And Abiel, as he has been for the past few months was Very prepared to get baptized. Something i have noticed that everyone goes through here is their: "I dont want to get baptized crisis" (pre baptism week), even though we truly know, they do. 

Saturday was a day filled with phenomenal blessings. Jeremiah (Jeremy) was a brother Hna. Hernandez and I found in our antiguos investigators area book. When we saw his name we thought what a good potential and went to the familia Leon to ask him more about his friend. Unfortunately, at the time Jeremy had moved to Tuxtla to live with his family. The day of my birthday dinner at Hna. Luvelva's house the familia Leon came and brought their reference to life. They brought Jeremy. It was awesome. Jeremy is a shy, timid, man, he is 40yrs old but is one of the most simple, sincere, "cool kids" I have ever met. He is always wearing his converse and our citas with him he has always been very reserved and never said too much. We have been very blessed to see his barrier break. Which is great! The day of Jeremy's baptism he was OVER joyed. It makes me so happy when they are happy. The greatest thing was hearing Hna. Leon tell us that Jeremy said the night before he couldnt sleep, he was so excited. And he told Hna. Leon, "¡¿Asi de bonito se siente?!" The sweetest thing was seeing him dressed in white holding his blue and white stripped towel during the service. After the ordinance Hno. Ortiz (the elders quorum president) asked Jeremy to stand so that he could give him a hug and welcome him properly into Sacerdocio. Jeremy stood up so fast, it was so great. 

Abiel was baptized saturday at 4 by Presidente George, definitely a day to remember. Hno. Abiel bore his testimony during his baptism in which he made me tear up right along with him. He said "I feel like crying, i am so happy. I have been waiting for my baptism for a long time. And even though my family wasnt able to come, they didnt want to join me, i am thankful for all of you for being able to join me. I know that i have gained a new family here." How true this is! I love the rama in Ocozocoautla (casi casi un barrio solo falto 1 poseedor del sacerdocio que pague su diezmo).

Sunday was so wonderful seeing Jeremiah and Abiel being confirmed Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I loved it. The spirit was so present. After church Hna. Wilson and I were talking with Abiel and Jeremiah when suddenly an hermano walks by and says "They have the priesthood". Whoah, whaaat. In Elders Quorum many of the new recent converts received the aaronic priesthood. Hno. Abiel and hno. Jeremias are very excited to be able to pass the sacrament. Hno. Abiel told me, "Vamos a ver si nosotros dos nos alistamos para poder pasar la santa cena la proxima semana." Too sweet.

We left Zoila to read Mosiah 24, to have faith and rely on the Lord to be able to continue firm, faithful and not feel too much pain in her foot. She told us that she read the chapter we left her in the Book of Mormon, said the most sincere prayer she has ever said before, pleaded with the Lord to allow her to have a sign and be able to know if she would be able to walk right again. The following morning she stood up and with on crutch began walking around her house. She truly is the definition of faith to me. I look up to her, SO MUCH.

We had our 1st Zone Conference, Hermanas Only Sunday afternoon. That was pretty neat. I heard a quote and really liked it. "Modesty isn't about being fashionable, it's about being faithful. It isn't about being cool it's about being chaste. It isn't about being popular, it's about being pure." 

I know that our lives are truly edified when we live the principles of the gospel fully; when we exercise our Faith in the Lord by Acting. When we forgive others and choose to serve. When we love others, show true compassion and are real Disciples of Jesus Christ.

Know that I love this Gospel so much. I know it is the only thing that brings true happiness. There has been a re-occuring thought in my mind this week: Let the Book of Mormon mold you! 

I love you all very much. Know that you are in my prayers constantly. Temple trip this week! Whooo...

ANIMO,
Hermana Coronado

Jeremias, Fam. Leon, las Hermanas 
 Todos los que llegaron para animar a Jeremias
 El Bautismo de Abiel
 Laughing photos are my favorite!

 Post baptism dinner with President and Hna. George, we took them to our favorite tacos. Comida Mexicana, Delicioso!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment