Tuesday, February 24, 2015

¿Hermana Coronado, me amais? !Apacienta mis ovejas!

This has been the reoccuring question in my mind all week. I love the Lord so much, even to the point of only wanting to please Him. This week we had intercambios with La Salle, and I was able to stay here in our area with Hermana Dansie. I love Hermana Dansie very much! She is one of the other 3 sisters that arrived with me here to Tuxtla Gutierrez back in June. It is truly amazing because on every companionship exchange i understand why I am here for these sisters. With Hermana Dansie, we tried visiting as many less actives as we could. We found one Hna. who was on our ward list, and after finding her realized she has a twelve year old daughter who loves the gospel, and coming to church. It was perfect because we took a JAS from our ward (who is the only member in her family) and she bore her testimony on her conversion to the gospel. Arely is still a wee bit unsure about coming back to church, but i know her daughter Ana wants to, so bad. From the second we stepped into her house and began to sing a hymn with them I felt something really special for Ana. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted for this upcoming Saturday. Miracles NEVER Cease.

Jose is also progressing very well, he comes to church Every Sunday with his white shirt and tie. He asked us when the temple store is open so he can go buy a hymn book and his triple/bible, he says he really wants to have his scriptures during church. He truly now understands the importance of repentance, of being obedient, and being an example of Christ. He is so excited for his baptism on the 7th of February. I truly feel and know, he is now converted to the Lord, and is developing a sincere, lasting testimony.

This has truly been a beautiful lesson for me on learning to rely on the spirit, and finding MA's. When we love the Lords sheep He will trust us with finding more and more, until we have brought them back to His fold. I love the parable of the lost sheep in Luke 16:4-6 "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And whe he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost." I love that every single one of us represent the lost sheep, and knowing that He will always recieve us with unconditional love and joy, and will take us to our family and eventually lead us home (to the temple). 

Every single person here in Chiapas to me means so much. I truly love the people here and yearn to help them understand who they truly are. I have felt this overwhelming gratitude this week as I have been able to teach others the importance of a modern day prophet. Before during my mission i would teach the restoration and felt the spirit while doing it, but this week, as we have taught it more slowly, really trying to help each investigator, and less active to understand it has helped me gain a deeper conversion for the necesity of a prophet. 

I love Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a man called of God. I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ. My favorite quote of this week is by Elder Eyring: We are under covenant both to lift up those in need and to be witnesses of the Savior as long as we live. (We are those in need of the Savior) (under covenant to lift up and to be witnesses as long as we live).

Apply this every day. We are all witnesses of the Savior!

LES AMO UN BUEN,
Hermana Coronado

freaking out over my colored pens
 Hna Dansie, find a rock so we can knock on this gate" .... and this happens, oh how i love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment