Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sweet Relief and Infinite Gratitude

This week has been a blast. I went to parque Central with my dear friend Hna. Westbrook, and to Chiapa de Corzo earlier today with a ton of hermanas and with Sister George. There are just so many hand-made neat things here. One of my favorite little treasures is a hymn case with little Mexican women dolls sown onto it. I truly love hymns. I miss singing to strangers in the street like no other. I also just found out I am going to be in the missionary choir for Elder Oaks, he is coming here to Chiapas, to Tuxtla next Friday, we are all buzzing with excitement. I cant wait to see him, and ask him questions. I am giving the closing prayer in our meeting and am quite excited. :) 

I love this work, tooo much. This week has given me time to reflect more on why this is happening and I have come to the conclusion that because of my Savior, Jesus Christ I will not have to suffer this for much longer. He loves me enough to provide me with happiness and relief, how I love him. This gives me such a sweet relief, and a sense of eternal gratitude. 

My knee is almost 100%. I am now able to walk (with my crutches), but I can walk and feel very little to no pain. Which is awesome. People: Appreciate your blessings, no matter how simple and insignificant they seem. Since I am usually in the mission home or out with Hna. George I dont get to do much contacting but the other night the mail man came to the door and I half taught a lesson with Hna. Westbrook, it felt very nice. 

During this week I have had the chance to run into several different hermanas, all of which are struggling with different things here on their mission and I always council  them to Forget Themselves and Go To Work. My mind this week had repeatedly turned to Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that looseth his life for my sake shall find it." I have found this to be sooo true here in the mission field. The more I think of others, the more my soul is filled with joy, and the times I do find myself thinking of "Hermana Coronado", I am never happy, funny how that works out. I know that time here is cut tooo short. 

My amount of patience has (hopefully, I would like to think) expanded widely in these past months. A quote a friend once shared with me has stuck with me for, forever. It says: “Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His. We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable.” -Neal A. Maxwell

How true this. This week I am going to try to be more patient, to accept and eventually, in due time, understand the Lord's will. This is my invitation to y'all too... Open your ears so that you may hear, open your eyes so that you may see, and open your hearts so that you may be able to feel the promptings from the heavens. 

Lots of Love and Prayers from Chiapas,
Hermana Coronado

Hermana George enjoyed removing my stitches (Hna. George and Pdte. George are literally like my parents here in Mexico, they take Very good care of me)

 My trainee: Hermana Ortiz (she also had knee surgery....and survived)
 I love Hna. Hernandez like no other! She is the best.
 The bags be bought in the market.
 I fulfilled my "mini dream" and rode an electric wheelchair around walmart, it was too fun, and too funny
 My mexican native women Hymn Case

No comments:

Post a Comment