Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tal como un fuego se ve ya ardiendo...♫

Since you all know me, you should know, I love helping others feel happy and not really having people help me too much so at times is can be a challenge to actually accept that in this time in my life: I need a bit of help. I have been using crutches every day since my operation and sometimes it is a little challenge. I have learned to appreciate being able to do "the little things" in life, like getting up, walking down the stairs and drinking a glass of water, carrying my own plate of food to the table, and even standing up. I always feel quite exhausted just going up and down the stair cases, crutching through the church building, my forearms, and biceps are much stronger than they were before. I made it past the "i'm sore stage" which means Im gaing muscle, i think... haha. 

Luckily I will get to begin my physical therapy and start putting pressure on my right knee on Thursday. I am so excited. I always feel a bit goofy with my crutches. My recovery is going very well, which gives me a lot of comfort. I know the Lord has truly been with me through this whole process.

I spend my days here trying to focus on what the Lord wants me to learn through this phase in my life, and in my mission. On Tuesday we had our Super Consejo de Liderazgo (all the zone leaders/district leaders/capacitadoras) it was super funny because I am suppose to have my leg elevated for the first week post surgery to decrease inflamation, so I took 2 pillows and used an extra chair and had my knee elevated throughout all of consejo, it looked hilarious. The best was that I was given 20min to lead on La Ensenanza Eficaz ahhh, it was wonderful. Me encanta sentirme útil. After consejo we went to the temple and I felt such a sense of peace. 

This week has been quite an adventure. Until I am fully recovered I will be here in the mission home, Hermana George has become my new companion. She is seriously super funny. Her bluntness (idk if thats a word) is too grand. I thought I would have a lot of time to be studying in depth the gospel, and memorizing scriptures, etc. Which i have been doing, but wherever Pdte. George goes, Hna. George goes, and I go too. Like on Friday we went to San Cristobal, it truly is just as beautiful as everyone says it is, and it is Cold! I felt like I was in provo again. They took out 5 sister missionaries to eat at a chinese restaurant that was delicious.

Saturday was incredible. We spent the entire evening attending baptisms: The first were with the elders from Lomas and they had a family of 4, they looked so happy and the spirit was ever so present. The second were Hna. Juliana and I here in Mactumatza, 19yr. old Jose and 12yr. old Anna, they were radiant, even being around them you could feel just how happy they were. I love Anna so dearly, i don't know why but I see myself in her. She is a ray of happiness. During their baptism they both bore their testimonies and that was the best because Jose talked about how he would one day serve a mission and Anna shared her feelings of purity when she was immersed into the water. It was also cool because the room was filled with investigators, and part member families. Pdte. George gave the most sweet closing prayer. The third baptism was a 25+ yr old man, he is the pioneer for his family, the highlight of this baptism was the special musical number by the secretarios and the ap's.

The spirit is so incredible. I feel so lucky to be a small part of Such a Marvelous Work and  a Wonder.

On Sunday we went to church in Chahuites, Oaxaca and it is a whole other world down there. I tried to capture it with photos but a camera doesn't do it justice. I wonder if one day I will be serving here. The people are so humble, so beautiful.

Pdte. George is awesome at keeping me busy at work, he calls me his "secretary" because I translate quotes and stories that he wants to share with the mission, and help him learn how to use his iphone, it's pretty fun. Presidente George and Hermana George truly are some of the most incredible people I know!

Animo mi querida familia. Gracias por sus cartas, me fortalecen mucho y me hacen tener el deseo de ser mejor. Sigan esforzándose por preguntarse: ¿Que es lo que el Señor quiere que yo haga?! y HAZLO. 

Les Amo MUCHO,
Hermana Coronado

Only in Oaxaca. I love this place. 
 Hna. George found lemons on the tree in the back of the casa de oracion in Chahuites and we helped her get them drown from the trees, daily trip to Oaxaca and we came back with a real coconut, lemmos, and MANGOS. There are a bajilion mangos in Oaxaca, literally EVERYWHERE.
 Hna. Grover is one of my favorite Hermanas, I love her dearly! 

 En el Super Consejo - Mis queridas Hermanas 
 Me, Hermana Cook and Hermana Briscoe
 Rays of sunlight on our way to San Cristobal
 Chinese Food in San Cristobal con Hna. y Pdte. George, Hna. Van (crazy hilarious), Hna. Rangel, Hna. Leon and Hna. Westbrook and I
 Hermano Jose: Futuro Misionero

 Anna Karen
 We Love Anna so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment