Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When in your own Gethsemane, Turn to Prayer

This week was definitely the most intense one throughout my entire mission. These past, casi 8 meses have flown by and I have learned more and more the importance of relying on my Savior, Jesus Christ and understanding His will for me, and for those who I am called to serve. 

This past week I have learned more deeply than ever before that I truly am a Representative of Jesus Christ, and if I ask the Lord for His blessings to be poured down from the Heavens, He Will shower them out onto us, more than we could possibly imagine.

I realized this profound truth on Friday evening the night before I would be going to have my knee surgery. It was an incredibly normal day, the main difference was that more than ever before I believed that there would be more miracles, and there were. We met an Hermana named Paola who has felt very strongly that she needs to join the mormon church, she knows what a temple is, and has gone to church a lot of times with her cousin from the moctezuma stake. We found her one evening when we realized we still needed 5 contacts for that day. Her family is beautiful, and she has the desire to join the church, talk about GOLDEN. 

The next miracle occurred with Anna Karen, a 12yr old girl who hasn't been baptized, and whose mom has been completely inactive for the past 6yrs. Ever since the second I met her I felt something so profound for her. I simply cant explain it, but she is SUCH a special soul. I can feel it, and she is SO receptive to the spirit. We took her to walk the temple grounds and have a lesson in the waiting room, and the spirit was there, she felt it, and simply told us, "I can feel something special in this church, something I can't feel anywhere else". When I asked her where else she felt it, she said, in church, when I pray, here in the temple. I know she is a wee bit nervous to get baptized but I have the faith that she will be baptized soon. This Saturday! She is a sharp girl and will be what leads her mother into re-activating, and her father to be baptized. Doubt not in the power of the Children.

I would also like to share one of the most profound, if not the most profound experience I have had throughout my entire mission. Saturday morning (Doctor Moreno and his wife, Hna. Fany, along with me, my companion Hna. Juliana and Hna. Cook) headed off to the hospital at 11am so that I could be treated for my right knee plica removal operation; to say the least:| I was scared, un buen... Well more than anything I felt nervous because as you all may know, I have never been operated on, and wasn't looking forward to having this 1st operation done here in Chiapas, nevertheless everytime i prayed and asked the Lord if I should do it, He always let me know it would all be okay, to trust Him, and just do it.

So I did as He counseled me. Hna. Fany took, a lot of photos throughout the whole process, it gave us all a good laugh, and helped me be a little less nervous. After they put the IV in my hand, and gave me three needle injections of anestesia I was taken to the operating room. As I lay there I felt like I was in a movie where the lights shined so brightly it hurt to open my eyes, yet I felt calm, and safe. (It definitely helped having Dr. Moreno in the room with me and that the entire operation I was praying). As the operation began I felt no pain, but as the plica was being cut I felt it, and it hurt. Immediately the scripture in Luke 22:41-42 began to repeat in my mind: "And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

As I began to turn my heart to my Savior in prayer I felt the strongest impression that He was with me in that operating room. I couldnt help but have my eyes tear up with gratitude for His eternal love and sacrifice for me. "When Christ was suffering in Gethsemane, He did not just look at or watch the pains and torment of makind, He experienced them. He was there. He felt the soaring pains of all our sins in His own flesh. He felt the anguish, the fear, the terror. He truly did descend below all things, and the reason He comprehended them all was because He was there."

In the same way that my 2, maybe 3 hour operation felt like it extended for what felt like a long time, His few hours must have extended into what seemed an eternity of suffering on our behalf. As I sat in the operating room, thinking of this very thing. My perspective completely changed, my eternal gratitude for what Christ did for me in Gethsemene grew. It was a far greater price than any of us can imagine. By his stripes, we are healed, by His wounds we are made whole. And I know that when the day comes that we stand to be judged of Him, and we comprehend who He truly is, and what He truly did for us, every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that indeed, He IS the Christ. 

I cant await the day in which my knee is healed and I am able to serve him with a greater devotion than I ever have before. Being able to feel a speck of the pain He felt for me makes my heart turn to Him, and swell with the strongest desire to Serve Him.

This is my small time to gain a deeper relationship with Him. I hope you all take the time to pray and thank our Savior for his endless love. He is the Christ. He is our Savior and I love him more than my words can express. Expect miracles. 

Les Amo UN BUEN,
Hermana Coronado

ps. Please pray for me tomorrow, I have been given a bit of time to capacitar in our Super Consejo de liderazgo and would love yalls prayers.

Zona Mactumatza, half of our girls are new
  I love the fields in Teran, que paz
 And so the fun begins...




No comments:

Post a Comment