Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I AM BACK

This past week was one of the MOST fun weeks I have had here. It was our 6mth mission activity (every feb. and aug.), there is an activity for every zone in the mission, depending on what area you are in depends on what activity you get to go to. I was able to go to two of the activities, to the zoo here in Tuxtla, and my FAVORITE to Tonina with all the tzotzils/san cristobal/comitan zones, Tonina are ruins here in Mexico, they are beautiful, and it is about 2300ft high. At the very tip top of Tonina there is about a 3 by 3 ft rock, and when you stand on it, the view is amazing, quite breath-taking actually. It made me really miss hiking in Utah, but also appreciate these tender yet beautiful moments in life, such peace, such beauty. I loved it so much. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful world. Our Father loves us so much he has created such a perfect plan of happiness for us, with moments of such joy, for me, these are the tender moments I live for. 

Being the "presidents secretary" as he likes to call me was really fun. He taught me a lot. But it is great to be back in action. I am finally a full, functioning (slightly in pain), fully renewed missionary. Saturday afternoon Hna. Juliana came to the mission home to pick me up, and on Sunday while in church Jose blessed the sacrament like a pro. It was beautiful. He is doing wonderfully and preparing to go to the temple this coming week. Being a missionary truly is one of the most fulfilling callings this life has to offer. I know this time flies, very quickly and I need to work hard until the end... 

Wow, it's crazy how many of my katy friends are getting engaged and all that jazz. After being with Hna. George she opened up my eyes, a lot, to what a family will be like, and all I can think is: I am SUPER happy to be here in Mexico. I know this is where I am needed a this moment in my life, and that this time is preparing me to be a much better wife/mother in the future. But that I also need to take these next months to grow, and be the best person I can be, and continue to become the person Christ needs me to be so that one day, He can trust me with such great responsibilities.

Right now I LOVE feeling the satisfaction when I meet someone and just feeling that connection of: "I totally knew you before. I can feel it. I am going to help you." Since this is the last week of the transfer I am feeling more motivated than ever before to work hard and give it all I can. I have grown to love Teran so much. On Sunday I felt beyong loved, these beautiful members were so genuinely happy in welcoming me nack here, they even gave me ice cream and made me chocolate muffins. Hna. Juliana and I are "predicting"/ feeling that this transfer that come we won't be together, and that there will be transfers for hna Jules, which makes me sad to think about but also hopeful for the future. Whatever happens I like to think of and always act on my new favorite quote: "I desire to do the Will of the Lord, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else."

Expect miracles to come this week, I can't wait to go out and tell y'all about them next week. Until then, I love y'all so much. Se que esta obra es verdadera. Yo se que Jesucristo vive. Vive fiel para recibir Sus bendiciones.

I TOTALLY almost forgot: Elder Oaks is coming this Saturday and we get to ask Him questions, any question we want, too cool!!!! ANNNIIIMMMMOOOO.

Les amo, UN BUEN,
Hermana Coronado

Trip to the Zoo with "the guerras" 

 "One Crutch Team" - Hna. Westbrook


See that peak at the top: that is the Summit of Tonina

The grass is really greener on the other side

¡What a view!

 Yo amo a MEXICO por sus montañas verdes, por su calor y por las vacas en las calles, por todo lo raro y bello que es este país.




No comments:

Post a Comment