Wednesday, January 14, 2015

El es la Dadiva

Hola mi querida familia!!!

My area is called Teran. It is the Mactumatza stake, and is literally like 20, maaaybe 30 minutes away from Coita. It is kinda weird being so close, but yet so far from sooo many people that changed my life so much.

Teran is not my pueblito amado. Here the people are a lot more well off than they were in Coita. I had been very use to shaking everyones hand and having everyone be very friendly but here people are a little more cold and suspicious when you are really nice to them; but its okay, i am learning new ways to do everything. Teran has a lot of perks, like a REAL grocey store the bodega aurrera, and its incredibly close to the centro, walmart, dominos, and basically everything you need to be happy!

One of my very first lessons here was with a young 19yr old boy named Jose, he is a very good young man, he soaks everything in that has to do with the gospel. He is preparing to be baptized the 10th of January. He just has that light in his eyes, its something that cant be explained, its a change that comes from the inside out. 

Hna, Juliana and I made a plan and have enough potentials to be baptizing every week this transfer, this makes my whole heart swell with joy. Being a STL is very fun. Fun fact i have the largest amount of sisters in my zone, there are 9 companionships. My first intercambio was in Terrazas, it felt like i went to san fran. california for a day. I truly believe the Lord calls us to help him when we feel weak. This entire week i have felt like in Ether 12:27. I know that this gospel changes us more than we can imagine. Hna. Perez (the hna from Terazas) is truly wonderful. She only has 3 months on her mission and is just happy to learn. I encouraged her to always invite Everyone to get baptized. I always feel bad if i have left a lesson without the baptismal invitation. I like it so much i do it while contacting. 

Wednesday was by far my favorite day of the week. Remember the El es La Dadiva video i told you all to watch well in Plaza Crystal we had a tri stake choir singing christmas hymns and a toooon of missionaries from all 3 stakes, we went around contacting, and contacting everyone. It was wonderful. People react incredibly well when you smile and are just happy! Just in case you were wondering missionaries are not allowed to contact in stores, haha, ooops. 

The only rough part of the week has been my horrid cough. I am not sure how or why i got sick, please keep me in your prayers. The only blessing here is that i dont feel bad, just sound bad, haha.

This week i have learned the importance of faith. When we open our mouths and exercise faith we invite Daily miracles. I am learning more and more each day that circumstances dont make a person, they just reveal to them the kind of person they are. Each day, each circumstance i am constantly thinking, Am i being the person Christ wants me to be? The person he needs me to be? The hermanas in my zone are all so different, but so incredibly talented, i truly look forward to learning from each of them. Dear family, share the gospel. with everyone!

ps. i have the coolest zone leaders, quite possibly ever, Elder Perez and Elder Peterson. all 4 of us are a strong team!
Have a fantastic weeek! Many prayers from Mexico...

ANIMO!!!! 

Hermana Coronado










 Hermana Juliana and I
A random field in Teran

No comments:

Post a Comment