Wednesday, January 14, 2015

¡GLOOOOORRRRRIIIAAAAA, A DIOS EN LO ALTO!

Christmas on the mission, truly feels like everyother day. Since christmas is about having More Christ in your life, everyday here in the mission is Christmas. Some hermanas and elders gave me candy and little things for Christmas, it was nice. On Christmas eve the Gomez family invited us over for dinner. Their 2 children are on missions right now. So us and the two elders in our ward went to eat at their house and had a mega missionary lesson with the 3 non members there. It was awesome.

It was so much fun seeing your lovely faces, and hearing your testimonies. Thank you for helping me feel even more edified. I love my family dearly!!! Yall are the best.

The Lord hears our answers, He pleads for our causes. This week as noted before I am getting use to being in Teran. I decided that along with my companion we would ask the Lord for a miracles, and every day we have consistantly prayed to have the faith in finding someone to get baptized this Saturday at 4. It has truly felt like jumping off of a cliff, not knowing what will be at the bottom, in hopes of having something catch us. Odd metaphor, but the point is, I know there is someone who WILL get baptized, i am still figuring out WHO! Hna. Juliana and I made a plan, presented it to the Lord and felt it is right.... Well, the Lord hears our Answers. In the middle of this week the Zone leaders told us to visit all the former investigators who had gone to church 5+ times, and challenge them to get baptized. At first, there was NO success in sight. It seemed as though this mistery person was hiding, really well.... 

Sunday, my life changed. Gloria is a former investigator who I had consistently felt like she was someone we needed to find, not knowing why we followed the prompting and found her Sunday afternoon. I simply cant put into words how phenomenal of a lesson we had with her. She had been actively going to church for quite some time but had recently (6+ mths ago), stopped going, and all the missionaries here thought she had moved away. We decided to carry cedulas around with us all Sunday in hopes of a miracle. During our lesson with Gloria we read to her Alma 32: 26-27 and it hit her hard. The spirit was incredibly strong and she, nor I, nor anyone in the room could deny the veracidad (truthfulness) of this gospel. She said she feels this is the church she needs to be in. We pulled out the cedula, left it with her to read and Sign after asking our Heavenly Father if she should be baptized this Saturday. I have faith and trust in the Lord. I know we will see this miracle happen!

This week we had 2 intercambios, one on Tuesday with the Hermanas from Suchiapa, and one on Friday with the hermanas from Copoya. On Tuesday I stayed here and Hna. Torres came, she only has 3 weeks here in the mission field, but has a wonderful attitude. I love greenies, they are just so up to do it, and are happy!! On Friday I went to Copoya and was with Hna. Castro, she has almost 3mths and is finishing up her training. I really tried to push her to work hard and be even more obedient. By the end of the day she told me. ¨Thank you Sister Coronado, today has been the day i have worked the hardest on my mission.¨ This truly made my day. Each time we have intercambios with our hermanas I realize a little more of why I am here, to help these sisters, and to serve them. If there is anything i hope these sisters and I learn together it is to Always have our Vision be Elevated! We can always do a little more, push a little harder and truly make each day better than today. In the words of Elder Perez, ¨Solo tenemos que morir hoy, manana es otro dia.¨ I loved that! Give everything, today.

I love the importance of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love knowing that when i am feeling anything but happy i have pride, and when anyone chooses to let go of their own desires, pride will cease to exist. What makes a person happy, truly happy, is serving the Lord with all your might, mind, heart, and strength. Each day, give your heart to the Lord!

Yo se que la sangre de Jesucristo es lo que hizo posible la expiación para nuestras almas. Se que al seguir a Jesucristo llegamos a entender lo que es la felicidad verdadera y duradera.

Que tengan una semana lleno de felicidad, y servicio a nuestro Padre Celestial...

ANNNNNIIIMMMMOOOOO,
Hermana Coronado





I am in love with miniature black chihuahas 
 So there are goats, like two blocks away from our house, in a field, in the middle of the city, no se..... but i accept it. Theres an incredibly social baby goat that now is just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment