Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Un Año Nuevo

I have been noting that the hermanas here in my Zone are all INCREDIBLE but they still havent realized just how incredible they are and HOW MUCH potential they truly have. When I first received this calling i wondered why but everytime we have intercambios i understand why. I feel that Hna. Juliana and I are here to help these sisters Explode their Potential and work, and work hard. Everytime i am with a new sister I realize just how strong she truly is and I think to myself, there are SO many miracles in each of their areas, and here in Teran now I just need to help her realize this and go out and Find Them! 

One of my new favorite scriptures is found in Doctrine and Covenants Section 51:16-17 And consecrate unto them this land for little seasonuntil I,the Lord, shall provide for 
them otherwise, and command them togo hence; And the hour and the day is not given unto them, wherefore letthem act upon this land as for years, and this shall turn unto them for their good. I love this scripture because it is our call and promise from the Lord. Whether we get one week in an area, or nine months, our attitude should be the same. TO FIND MIRACLES.

A few of the miracles i have been able to see this week: While in Central Hna. Hansen and I walked and talked, to a lot of people, (the usual) but as we were walking we felt the prompting to stop and talk to an elderly man named Antonio. Little to know, he had been taught by the Elders years ago, has a Book of Mormon, was going to get baptized years ago but due to various circumstances didnt, and is now more than ready to make this covenant with the Lord. He is 81yrs old and just too cool. Hna. Hansen and I walked away thinking NO WAY, Did that just happen?!?! 

I don't know if I have told you about Ramiro yet, but he is 19yr old young man who was invited to come to our church a month ago by one of his friends, he decided to come, and we were Finally able to teach him. (while i was in central). Hna. Juliana and Hna. Juarez are fabulous, they gave him a church tour, invited him to get baptized and He Accepted, his exact words, ¨Si, seria maravilloso.¨ (Yes, it would marvelous). This made my day. 

Intercambios are the most fun thing a missionary can do. They are at times tiring because we have so many hermanas but the Lord is so merciful with us, he always gives me more and more energy to make each Hermana feel special and truly teach me a lot. Like Hermana Grover. Our second intercambio this week was with the Hermanas from Jobo. Crazy story really quickly, when we arrived at their house the family they live with have a little pond and as i peeked in to see it I saw a tail and thought, ¨Its a dead cat, theres a dead cat in their mini pool/pond¨ a few seconds later all four of us hermanas peeked in to see it again and realized it was a Dead Possum. ahh. too gross. Definitely the most interesting way to start off our day. 

Hna. Grover is an exceptional missionary. Within these past few weeks i have been able to learn about her desafios and more than that her strength. She is one of the few hermanas who has made me a stronger missionary, her testimony is incredible. 

Hermana Juliana and I really REALLY want to help these sisters. I know that at times missionaries get complacent in their work but our idea along with the Zone leaders is to help them all become more efficient teachers, to learn to teach simply but eficiently. One thing I always tell the hermanas when we are having intercambios is, ¨Cada dia debe y puede ser mejor que hoy¨. In other words, if today we had a good day, tomorrow will be a great day, and each day should and can be getting better. I have a testimony that these things are true.

Hermana Juliana has made me a better missionary, she has taught me to be a better person, whether she realizes it or not, I admire her in many many ways. Sunday night was awesome because we had a huge heart to heart and now I feel like our relationship is even stronger.

This past end of the year I decided to take a friends advice and I wrote my testimony/letter to Christ and sealed it in my Journal, and on January 1st I wrote my New Years Resolution to Christ, instead of all the cliche desires this next year will be spent in the service of my Lord. My top 3 desires of the year are: 1) To help as many people as I can to strengthen their relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ (Members, less actives, missionaries, and myself) this truly is the most important thing, 2) At the end of the year I want to feel satisfied and know ¨I truly did all that I could this year¨ and know the Lord is pleased with what I did as His missionary and 3) I want to see (yall) my family and serve them! (con todo mi corazón)

I love this work and thank the Lord each day for letting me be a small instrument in His hands.


¡Los Amo, Un Buen!
Hermana Coronado

ps. I finally have the household report, david, you are a geneous.

I spent New Years Eve with the cutest kids in my ward, last thing i ate in 2014: PIZZA 
the first thing I ate in 2015: Blueberry Muffins ¡¡PURA VIDA!!

 Intercambios con las Hermanas de Central
 Hna Hansen is a hoot, seriously one of THE Funniest sister missionaries I have Ever met!


No comments:

Post a Comment