Sunday, December 13, 2015

Beware of Blinking

This week flew by so fast. 

I definitely feel like the talk "Approaching the Throne of God" by Elder Klebingat "When trials come, the adversary's minions begind broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, tru to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say: I Understand Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn't it? Then partner with Him to endure well to the end." 

Remember our golden investigator Hector, well, his baptism fell through on saturday. He called us on thursday afternoon while we were traveling to Juarez to have inter-cambios. And as I saw Hna. Hickman look down at the phone, and saw his name, I knew he had been influenced by his parents and wouldnt be getting baptized. It is kind of interesting how the Lord prepares people for you to teach, you do, and once you know you have done everything things turn out differently, every time. As we got of the Coita bus and walked to the Hna.s houses all I thought was, "Now we have to work harder." I could see how sad my companion was because we aren't baptizing, but I also realized that I need to be strong, and motivate her, and myself to continue to work and call miracles from the heavens. If I get sad, it's all over, and this time here on the mission is way too short. 

The Lord prepares people DAILY. On Wednesday in our lideres de distrito meeting with the Zone Leaders they focused on finding, and more importantly "only teaching the Escogidos". We have been applying that this week, looking for one new person every-day to teach, and set a baptismal date with. It had definitely changed my perspective on finding the chosen ones rather than teaching, and teaching, and then having nothing happen. So now, if they are willing to come to church on Sunday and want the gospel, we teach them, if they dont, we dont. That simple. 

I gained a testimony this week on why we teach the Restoration first, inspite of any of their necesities, the restoration will help them. This week people have had very closed hearts, but my mindset is as above, This is just the Lord trying to let me prove myself, my love, devotion, and patience, and so, I will.

I love you all! I pray for y'all often. This Sunday I was able to gain a stronger testimony of living prophets as I gave a talk in our ward. At times it feels like no-one is noticing our efforts, but indeed they are. A brother named Hno. Lopez and his mom came up to Hna. Hickman and I after sacrament meeting and thanked us for giving our discursos, because now he knows he needs to support his daughter on going on a mission. I thought that was pretty cool. I know this is the Lord's work, that He is aware of everything we do. He is pleased when we seek His help, and seek to help Him in all that we do. Serve Him, Love Him, and heed His council next week as you all watch general conference.

If you desire to know the will of the Lord for the next 6 months in your life, watch general conference, seek your own revelation! 

Have a wonderful week. Call down Heavens blessings and then bask in those blessings.

LES AMO MUCHÍSIMO, 
Hermana Coronado

the park where we run every morning

the park where we run every morning
 Holding butterflies
 I love my companion and we love The Book of Mormon



No comments:

Post a Comment