Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sea un Nefi, o un Lehi.

Talk about the longest spiritually, emotionally, and physically draining week. This week was full of SOOO many ups and downs. The week went from Monday having a talk/ heart to heart talk with Hectors anti-mormon mom, to fasting for Hector on Tuesday with Karla (his best friend), to having our Zone Conference on Wednesday (with the assitants). The best activite we did was have everyone write down on a small peice of paper their largest disobedience and then we had them one by one walk outside and we had a little fire going and they all threw their piece of paper in the fire (representing their new covenant with the Lord that they are now even more willing to obey him.) Intercambios with Suchiapa (the hardest hnas in our zone), to intercambios with Central on Friday, receiving a random message Friday afternoon asking us to go to the Chapultepec stake center (not telling us why), showing up there at 6pm (mid intercambio), and being told we were going to take 2 mini-missionaries home with us (they were 15 and 17 yrs old), to the best temple lessons with Hector Saturday morning and having our Stake Conference Saturday and Sunday.

This week truly was incredible. Some of the best experiences began on Monday, talking with Hectors mom. She saw us teaching her son, and once the lesson had ended invited us into her home only to scold us on how they were a catholic family, and we were the mormons. I prayed in my heart the entire lesson, to have her heart softened... it didnt work. But I was able to ask hector a question, I looked at him and said: "Hector, what do you want to be?", he replied (with tears in his eyes), "Mom, I want to be a Mormon." I bore my testimony, Hna. Hickman bore her testimony, and Jose (a recent convert) bore his testimony. As we left Hectors home I was crying, he was crying, and we told him now He would have to choose. the Lord or his parents. The next day as we began to fast for him I truly had NO idea how to help him, but our Heavenly Father IS a Father of miracles. Wedneday evening we received a text message from Hector saying, in the end it all worked out. He told us later in the week when we met with him that he talked to his parents, and told them he wanted to get baptized. He did his part, and so did the Lord. How grateful I am for his example.

On Saturday morning we taught a lesson to Hector inside the temple and asked him to share his feelings with us. He simply said, "I feel so much peace, and each day I know more and more that this is all true." On Sunday he showed us his family tree and his uncle has roughly 8 generations worth of names on his grandfathers side. I can't even explain how cool it was, We told him you have so much work to do in the temple (starting in a few weeks). He is such a good 18yr old Kid, he simply smiles, and says yes.

How thankful I am to be able to find Hectors in my mission. Everytime I meet a golden person all I think is: He is so special, a chosen one, un escogido. 

Apart from Hector we have begun to find more families to teach, such as Jorge and his family (golden street contacts). Isabel, the old lady who can get baptized any week, she just has to be aware of how important of a covenant this is, and Raul, he too is golden, and is changing his old habits to be baptized the 28th of March,

Family, I LOVE THIS WORK (OBRA), SO MUCH.

At our Stake Conference Elder Torris came to speak with us and shared so many great insights with us, such as "In order for someone to remain in the church they need daily contact with the church, but NOTdaily contact with the missionaries." He placed a huge emphasis on how important our actions are, and our ability to daily contact the Lord. He invited us to Share our Testmonies with the Lord! We don't need special equipment to communicate with the Lord, we simply have to fold our knees and go to our sacred grove. 

This is my invitation to y'all today - Go To Your Sacred Grove and Share Your Testimony With He Who Has Given Us Everything.

I love my Father in Heaven, I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know they are two personages who are real, and I feel their love daily.

Les Amo UN BUEN y oro por su felicidad mucho,

Hermana Coronado

Three of my Four Companions
A la Mitad - A la manera del Señor 

 Woooowwwww we have FUN, Hickman is a mix of Leah and Kylee put together, but really
 See-saw party
 Take a kid to work day. The 2 mini-missionaries. 
 I am a sister missionary serving in Mexico. I love it.
 MOM, EVERYONE loves your style here.
I love and admire you and dad more than y'all will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment