Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sea Fiel a Dios.

This week has been full of many beautiful, tender miracles. The Lord is blessing Hermana Hickman and I abundantely. After several weeks of having no investigators of church these past few sundays, including yesterday we had SEVEN investigators at church, a family of four, ricardo, and a few other new jas. 

Some of the best highlights of this week, and things that genuinely made me smile were on Wednesday we had a Tri-Zone conference in which the Assistants and Pdte. George nos capacitaron. There were several missionaries who passed to give a talk. There was one that hit me really hard, the elder said: "God doesn't say he will bless you if you pay just 8% of your tithing." And I thought of how often we do the bear minimum and still think, "but the Lord will bless us". Here on the mission I have learned more than in any other instance of our lives that our Heavenly Father doesnt give us 1/2 blessings, or part time of the credit. He will give us Complete Blessings if we are Completely Faithful to Him.Apply that in all aspects of life, complete fidelity, complete joy. There is no other way to bask in such blessings.

We were also told to fast this weekend for a family, Hna. Hickman and I looked at each other and smiled, we have our little family. Ana Laura is a single mom of three kids, she came to church again this week, and even though she is timid I can tell she likes it. They are literally one of, if not the most humble-living people I know. Their house is literally the size of one of our bedrooms, their kitchen is non-existent, and they shower outside, where they get buckets and water from a well. Everytime I visit them I just wish I could give them so much more than what they have, and then I think, the Gospel can, and will help them. It will teach them so much, and it may not offer riches, but it offers us security and happiness. That is a gift I can help them achieve, and so we will. They are preparing to be baptized May 30th. Yesterday as we taught them the restoration we asked them why they thought it was important to have a prophet and 10yr old Armando said: "Joseph Smith was a prophet because he talked to God and he told him that all the other churchs weren't true." Kids are just so wise.

The other mega-WOWWWWW highlight was on Sunday, in Sacrament meeting we anxiously awaited for Ricardo, when he showed up we told him to sit by Jose and Ramiro (recent converts from Jan. and Feb.), and so he did. Largely to our surprise they all three knew each other because they went to middle school together, how crazy. The testimony meeting was just on spot, it seemed that many, if not all the members of the church shared a bit, a piece of their conversion to this church, they shared how they prayed and came to know it was true, how they expected a large answer, but it was sweet, and subtle. As the members in the ward shared their testimonies Ricardo began to cry, but not like the shed a tear, like tenderly and sincerely cry. Immediately we knew he was feeling the spirit answer his prayers. He wants to be a part of this church after sacrament meeting we asked him how he felt and he simply told us, "I feel really good, really happy." Jose invited him to go to institute with him. He stayed all 3 hrs. and is just that wow, golden investigator who is preparing for his baptism May 23rd.

As I look back on the experiences I have had throughout my mission I marvel to see just how beautiful they have been. These months seem to fly by. I know my time here is coming quickly to a close in 3 weeks but I am happy. Hermana Hickman and I work together with so much flow, it's like peanut butter and jelly, so much better when they are together. I have learned to love her more than any other companion. She helps my weakness to turn into strengths, and we definitely motivate each other to work, constantly asking each other: "¿Ama al Señor?", and then we want to work even more.

This is salvation. I can't wait to talk to you all on Sunday!!!!!! Happy almost mother's day mom. 

Dearest everyone, I love you with all this chiapaneca heart. Highlight of today: standing on a bumpy bumpy bus to get to berriozabal and back. 

Have a blessed week. This is the truth, this is the only path that will forever allow us to be happy. Stay strong.

Con AMOR,

Hermana Coronado 

Diligente - Inteligente - Fiel a Dios
Hermana Allen

 Herman McNaught, Hermana Hickman, Me, Hermana Gutierrez
 We LOVE intercambios

No comments:

Post a Comment