Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cristo Vive

This week was intense, but incredibly rewarding. As missionaries we work as hard as we can 6 days a week all in hopes of getting all our investigators to church on Sunday. We set up rides for them, have members past, and sometimes we even pass, but as always, the adversary works really hard to get them to not go. This has been our big struggle these past few weeks, we teach, a lot, but if no one comes to church, no one can get baptized. This Sunday we should have had eleven investigators in Sacrament meeting, but only two showed up. It hurt my heart but also let me realize a very important principle for life. The amount of effort we put in should always be large, and the results will vary but will be rewarding. Our reward, Uribe is getting baptized this Saturday at 7pm by Hno. Carlos (our hilarious second councilor in the bishopbric). I love this work so much. I am learning more and more just how special, and important it is to be a part of the Lord's work.

Sunday morning, roughly two hours before sacrament meeting we were told all 4 of us missionaries would be speaking, each about 8 minutes. As I pondered what I could share with everyone I felt the impression to talk about how sacred partaking of the sacrament is. I read a talk given by Joseph Fielding Smith called "the significance of the sacrament". He shares the importance and reverance that should be present EVERY single sunday that we remember our Savior. "The person who absents himself from a sacrament meeting week after week and month after month, and nothing prevents him from coming, is not loyal to the truth. He does not love it. If he did, he would be present to partake of these embems- just a little piece of bread, a little cup of water. He would want to do that to show his love for the truth and his loyal service to the Son of God." How true this is. I invite you all to pay attention and feel the presence of the Savior, every Sunday as you look at the table in which the sacrament is blessed, as you yearn to have His atonement applied in your life, and as you earnestly seek forgiveness and redemption for the week that has passed. The sacrament should be the most spiritual experience of the week, how lucky we are to have this experience every single Sunday. Invite your friends to experience it to.

Sometimes we don't realize the magnitude of an invitation. As a norma de excelencia, we contact 20 people a day, 140 new people every week, and we usally do even more, like 180people a week. The point is many times these people remind us that we have contacted them already (most the time i don't remember) this Sunday was one of those days. A young man named Martin came up to Hna. Hickman and I after sacrament, greeted us, and thanked us. I was confused. He then told us, "I have been inactive for the past ten years, but when you two invited me to church I felt the need to come." How Cool!

Remember our picture perfect family, Ada Ester (seriously can make anyone happy just by hearing her laugh), well this past saturday we took her family (husband and all) to the temple grounds and taught them the plan of salvation. I could see the light in Adas eyes, she wants this. But unfortunately now is not their time. We ended up dropping her family because they never come to church, despite all efforts. As Hna. Hickman and I walked away from that lesson we looked at each other and felt in our hearts, we have done all that we could do for them.

This past week, more than any other in my mission I have felt the strongest conversion to the gospel. I know this IS the Church of Jesus Christ. The more I teach people about it. The more I come to believe it. How lucky we are to have temples all around the world, and to know our goal is the Celestial Kingdom. I am humbled, and thankful to be called to as I like to say: Make More Mormons! And help them remember who they are.

I have felt such small impressions, but have learned now more than in any other moment in my life to heed those feelings. Thoughts are never thoughts, they ARE revelation from the Lord.

I love you all. Christ lives. 

"I am sure if we could picture before us—as I have tried many times to do the solemn occasion when the Savior met with his apostles; if we could see them there assembled, the Lord in his sadness, sorrowing for the sins of the world, sorrowing for one of his apostles who was to betray him, yet teaching these eleven men who loved him and making covenant with them, I am sure we would feel in our hearts that we would never forsake him. If we could see them there assembled and could realize the weight of the burden which was up on our Lord; and after their supper and the singing of a hymn, their going forth, the Lord to be betrayed ,mocked and scorned, the disciples to forsake him in the deepest hour of his trial—if we could understand all this, feebly though it be, and feebly it must be, I am sure, my brethren and sisters, we would forever more want to walk in the light of truth. If we could see the Savior of men suffering in the garden and upon the cross and could fully realize all that it meant to us, we would desire to keep his commandments and we would love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our might, mind and strength, and in the name of Jesus Christ would serve him." -Joseph F. Smith

ETERNAL LOVE,
Hermana Coronado

Adios Hna. Barraza
 Hna. Alejandra, what a story, what a life, what a mormon
 Yesterdays cool shaped cloud, I love my Teran skies

No comments:

Post a Comment