Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pasos de Fe

This week was intense - from: Consejo de liderazgo on Tuesday, to Zone Conference on Wednesday, intercambios on Thursday, and rushing around all of Teran getting our investigators to watch general conference. 

The time has never gone by more quickly in my life. Each day that passes the more and more grateful I become for the blessings and confidence of the Lord. I feel his trust in me ever so strongly.

It has been a bit of a rough patch here in Teran ever since we decided to Only teach those people who are ready, we pick and drop people like crazy. I will admit that I had gotten to the point this week where I felt like: I believe in Miracles. I have seen them. Where are the people?!?!?!? I can vividly remember Friday as if it were yesterday. We spent LITERALLY the entire day walking around and only taught one street lesson (everyone in mexico is on vacation for 2 weeks), which made it incredibly difficult to find ANYONE in their homes, the streets were dead, and we did all we knew we could do, contact, anyone, and everyone.

When it was 7:45pm and after looking for the last person in my mind I felt the impression to go sit down on the bench in the park, and say a prayer. I looked at my companion and told her: "Hermana Hickman, lets make a plan with the Lord and present it to him." And so, we did. We thought of 3 points in our area to which we would walk to, and in each, we would do everything in our power to find "a chosen one", and asked the Lord to provide someone in the moment, and we would work to do the rest. The Lord is merciful. We walked to our first point (the corner of a common street), we saw a man with his daughter, and offered to teach him about Christ, his name is Mario. he has no religious background and was willing to let us teach his family. We walked to the 2nd point (in front of a members home), nothing. We walked to our 3rd point, this is where magic happens. There was a young women standing outside of her doorway and we both felt the need to contact her, and so we did. Her name is Fernanda, she has the light of Christ within her, within two minutes her whole family came outside to meet us, and her mom Maite (seriously mom you two look alike and remind me of each other - it kind of scares me haha). It was an amazing miracle to me. We are now teaching a golden family who didn't even know they were looking for the gospel. They watched general conference and loved it. I can't wait to help them progress in the gospel.

Miracle #1034I923478, her name is Georgina. She was a reference, we showed up to her house and she basically taught us the restoration, and quoted her favorite scripture in DyC 121:7-8. Seriously, I have never met anyone else so ready to be a mormon. She went to both sessions on Sunday, and came back telling us, I know this church is true. The desafio here, she studies every sunday. I don't know how to help her yet, but I have confidence in the Lord, that he will help us, help her understand how important it is to sacrifice and come to church.

My confidence, gratitude and love for the Savior has aumented 100% General Conference as a missionary FLIES. My favorite quotes were by Elder Gerald Cause: "The gospel is a fountain of knowledge that never ruins dry!" "The root of all evil is not money but the love of money." -Elder Oaks "Many things are good, many are important, but only a few are essential." -Elder Christofferson and SOOOO many more.... The talks that pierced my soul were by Elder Brent H. Nielson, i cried. As well as Elder Uchtdorf's understanding the grace of God. And Elder Andersen's words when he shared what it will be like at the second coming of Christ.

I know that Faith in the Lord, and in His commandments empower, refine, and spiritually nourish us, more than we will ever be able to comprehend. I am truly grateful to know and share with all my soul that there IS the Lord's truth upon the earth, and it is found in His church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My dearest family this weekend I missed and love you all SO MUCH. All of conference I thought of how grateful I am to know we get to be together forever. This simply profound thought gives me the desire to work more and more diligent. I want to continue to convert myself into the most diligent and obedient missionary. Mom you always told me that on the mission I would come to feel sanctified. I am grateful for your words, as I can say today, I have felt these feelings as I walk the streets of Chiapas, as I look into the face of someone who needs to feel the warm embrace and love of their Savior. I am grateful for the understanding of this gospel, and for the opportunity I have to progress spiritually and share these known truths with this part of the world.

Sean diligentes, sean obedientes y fieles al Señor. :)

Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Coronado 

ps. One day I have you tell you all details about this Zone Conference we just had, the spirit was so present. We started with our call letter, every missionary received a call letter, and were asked to write their acceptance letter but this time not to the prophet, but to God. At the end of the conf we gave each of them their letter from their Heavenly Father, it is profound. Of course it was written by the zone leaders, but it was written inspired, and I loved watching everyone as it touched their hearts.

Zone Conference (our display, rows from bottom to top: Misionero Consagrado, Compañerismo divino, Enseñanza eficaz, Enfoque, y Gozo)
 We are mortal missionaries - pero todo esta bien solo fue una cortada pequeña pero un gran susto 
 Intercambios con Hna. Barraza
 Intercambios con las Hnas. de Jobo


No comments:

Post a Comment