Sunday, December 13, 2015

Proceso de la Conversión

This Sunday was BY FAR, AND HIGHLY THE BEST DAY OF MY MISSION, but seriously. Golden baptisms, temple lessons, all incredible experiences but nothing as grandioso (of such value) as what I lived yesterday. 

Four top moments and the cherry on top. First, during sacrament meeting my mini me Anna Karen (convert from feb.) as evey sunday showed up to church and sat down next to me. I seriously have sooo much love for this girl. This past week she told me that her "biggest goal in life is to serve a mission" too tender. Second, Jose (convert from feb.) who at this point in his life is a melchizedek priesthood holder gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting about the santa cena. Right before he gave his talk he was sitting next to my companion and we asked him, "Where are the materials you are going to use for your talk?" He just pointed at his head. Oh man, love that Kid. He gave a simple, sincere talk, used a few scriptures, bore his testimony, did it just perfectly. Third, Uribe (convert of 3 weeks ago) blessed the sacrament for the first time. Right before sacrament meeting started he was sitting down reading his scriptures, when we approached him we asked him what he was reading and he pointed to DyC 20 the sacrament prayer. He said it perfectly during sacrament and was just radiating. He also mentioned to us, he got a Job!! (true blessing from the Lord, since 3wks ago he lost his job because he got baptized) Fourth, Ricardo. Ricardo is getting baptized this Saturday, Jose is going to baptize him, they are seriously just the best of friends, it makes me so happy. He is always asking such great questions. His conversion reminds me a lot of Jose's, just soaks everything in about the gospel. He even has the lds library app on his phone.

Now for wow, the best of the best of the best moments. During our ward council we were analyzing our investigators needs and we brought up (Ana) Laura, and how she literally has nothing but a small room with some clothing, and nothing to sleep on; when suddenly something beautiful happened the Elders mentioned 2 extra bed matresses they could donate, and bishop said he would get the bed boards, and then the primary president said she would find children's clothing, as I saw peoples' earnest desire to speak up and help I felt so much joy I wanted to cry. During 3rd hr of church bishop told me he could get Hna. Laura her beds today, and so, we did. At 4pm we all went to Laura's home to help her move. I thought she was going to move from what she had a 1 bedroom house with no bathroom to the exact same thing but to our joyfu surprise, she moved into Hna. Ceci's extra little home. (Side note; hna. ceci is the hna. we visited until she reactivated, she's been coming to church for the past month straight, and was the one who gave us the reference of Ana Laura and her family). 

When we arrived they were washing the floors of this little home, Hna. Hickman and I, along with Hna. Laura's kids, Octavio, Armando and Ana Laura were literally jumping for joy. 8yr. old Octavio told me: "We now have chairs where you can sit on when you come to teach us." This made my heart melt. Their new home is literally 3x's the size of their old home. The bishop. his son, the 2nd councilor, a brother in the high council, our mission leader and his wife showed up to help when suddenly it began to rain, and it rained hard, the beds still weren't there and I began to wonder how long it would take to get them from San Jose to Plan de Ayala (neighborhoods like 10min away from each other) luckily the rain ceased and the Elders were able to bring them, since we were all together we decided to teach them a mega-lesson with members present, we all began to speak of the importance of the gospel, how it blesses families, the power of the priesthood when suddenly where I was sitting (near the back side of the room, close to the back door) I began to see water come in fast... lesson over. We all jumped up, moved the mattresses and began sweeping the water out. 13yr old Ana Laura asked me; "So, am I still going to give the closing prayer?" Oh man, such a golden family. While the Elders and Hna. Hickman jumped outside into the water while I tried telling them where to cover to stop the water from flooding their home, we found shovels, rocks, wood, a huge pipe and got to work. We used the water pipe to drive the over flowing water from the roof to drain outward instead of towards their home, the Elders used a shovel to fill buckets with rocks, Hna. Hickman and I moved the rocks to block the water entry, our mission leader created a little path to change the flow of the water, our bishop was dry until he saw the need to help us, and so he did. It was seriously the funniest thing, pouring rain, we were completely soaked, creating a path to stop the water flow inside of their home, all while not trying to get bit by Bob, el ganso (a goose). It all turned out incredibly well, above all I know Hna. Laura could see the love we have for her and her family. 

There are sacred moments on the mission like these, when everything you plan to do turns out completely unexpected but teaches you sooo much. I don't think I can ever adequately express how wonderful of an experience this was. I hope you were able to imagine it, it was so beautiful. Photos to prove it. :) 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love His children and am humbled to be able to help them progress in the gospel. I am thankful for all the Lord has provided for me, for my family. We truly are so blessed. Yesterday I learned a little more of how the gospel truly DOES bless our lives, our families, everything. 

Stay faithful, be diligent. Gods promises are Real!!! DyC 58:31 "Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and havenot fulfilled?"

I love you with all my heart and soul.

Hermana Coronado
Fiel al Señor

combis - what we ride ALL the time
 My "Año" en realidad 11 meses pero como no estare en Teran en 2 semanas lo festejamos antes
  Bolsa de San Cris
 Cathedral in San Cristobal, it is HUGE.
 Hna Wong, one of my many adoptive moms here on the mission
 Penultimo intercambio
 My companion is one of bestest friends.
 Hilarious JAS noche de Hogar (Me, Hickman, Ricardo, Jose, Karla, Victor, Jose, Mauricio, Ramiro - most are RC)
 Zeta. 
 Hermanita Hickman
 Hermano Ricardo
 Ana Laura (mom), Octavio, Ana Laura (hija), Karen (hna Ceci's daughter)
 Su nueva Casa - que emoción!
  Bob, el ganso
 By far one of my favorite photos here on the mission - Octavio - heart of Gold
 Be as a child...
 Armando "peinado del mango chupado"



No comments:

Post a Comment